Recent Topics

1 Dec 26, 2007 04:07    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi, I'm trying to move my four blogs from Movable Type 4 to b2evolution. I installed b2evolution, created the blogs and made the .txt file with the MT content (one for each blog). The thing is: when I try to import the content, only the posts and categories are imported (correctly, all of them). But no matter what I try, no comments are imported. And the comments are present in the original txt files.

I don't know what could be wrong. This is the only detail refraining me from move to b2evo; could anybody help me? Thanks.

P.S.: The txt files with the imports are formatted this way:

--------
AUTHOR: xxxxxxxx
TITLE: xxxxxxxxx
BASENAME: xxxxxxxx
ALLOW COMMENTS: 1
CONVERT BREAKS: 1
ALLOW PINGS: 1
PRIMARY CATEGORY: Xxxxxxx
CATEGORY: Xxxxxxxxxx
DATE: 07/29/2004 07:36:37 PM
-----
BODY:
Xxxxxxxxxxxx
-----
EXTENDED BODY:

-----
EXCERPT:

-----
KEYWORDS:

-----

COMMENT:
AUTHOR: xxxxxxxxxxx
EMAIL: x@x.com
IP: xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
URL: http://xxxxx.xxxx.com/
DATE: 01/28/2007 04:34:16 AM
here lies the body of the comment etc etc
Posted by xxxxxxxx at 18:41 Friday August 30, 2004
-----

Thanks again for your help.

3 Apr 22, 2008 14:06

I have the same problem. I exported Wordpress to MT, then used the MT->B2e 2.4x tool to bring in the entries. Categories and entries came in just fine; no go on the comments. Emailed the author of the tool, who was kind enough to respond, but he just asked if the file had the COMMENTS: line, which, like yours it did..

4 Apr 24, 2008 04:45

I really wanted to use b2evo, but after all this time no-one answered my question at the forums and I couldn't solve the problems regarding the importing of the posts. As a result, I'm using Movable Type since then and really recommend it: the newest versions are beautifully crafted and miles ahead of WordPress, for instance. Really nice stuff. Go with MT.

5 Apr 24, 2008 05:35

chiptotec wrote:

I really wanted to use b2evo, but after all this time no-one answered my question at the forums and I couldn't solve the problems regarding the importing of the posts. As a result, I'm using Movable Type since then and really recommend it: the newest versions are beautifully crafted and miles ahead of WordPress, for instance. Really nice stuff. Go with MT.

you shouldn't blame people for not getting a solution for a complicated issue especially when you are using an opensource software

6 Apr 24, 2008 05:39

I didn't flame b2evo nor the people involved, re-read it.

7 Apr 24, 2008 05:40

By the way, THAT was a quick response, congratulations!

8 Apr 24, 2008 12:50

let's say "blame" then , whatever : P.. people in here always respond asap when they are able to help, or if it's possible to solve it at a near future, they do try their best.. believe me i could try if i were capable of fixing it..

i dont know much about the plugin, and couldnt find it, but in general, authors of the plugins take care of their updates and issues though the other ppl also tries to suggest solutions..

those people (moderators and developers) - as you can see- put a great effort in every issue, especially when the issue seems feasible at a short time, and keep in mind that when they help you, it's just because they were eager to do;) cheers

9 Apr 24, 2008 20:54

I think it would be good for the b2evo big guns to perhaps consider making import-export functions a greater priority; more people would move over (I think) to this platform if they could get their old stuff in better.

The MT importer is OK, but I migrated from GreyMatter (anyone interested, I can send you a gmtemplate.cgi file that allows you to go from GM to B2 without MT). The WP to B2 import needs to be to a clean install (and when I tried that it didn't work either).

This is a great program: Far as I can tell, perhaps the only multi-blogger platform that works. Letting more people get into it from the big guys (MT and WP) should probably be a priority if it stands any chance of getting that type of notoriety.

10 Apr 24, 2008 21:41

as you know, there are tens of cms' around;
(had a rough time till i find evo, and i feel that i can do whatever i want with b2 once i figure it out completely)
i dont know much but afai concern, if it was as easy as building a skin, they would already make importer for each of them, and i think they already have them listed by priority in the to do list :)..

so i guess just have to wait or get started with b2 at a shortest time duplicating your content manually :P (like i am, as i couldnt find a phpnuke to b2evo importer, and dont think it would be efficient to convert pnuke to wp then to b2 etc etc..)..cheers

Form is loading...