Recent Topics

1 Dec 29, 2007 03:27    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I just installed the software and have an sql file/database back up with the stuff I had in a previous b2evolution blog.

I uploade but did not work and could not see my blog any more. Obviously I did not do it right. So how does one upload an sql file into a new install?

2 Dec 29, 2007 05:24

The database has a bit of info in it that has to match the version of your software. So the thing to do would be to restore your database, then upload the version you used to use, THEN upgrade to the version you want to use now.

How to restore the database depends on exactly what form your backup is, and how your host handles stuff like that. I would suggest talking with your host about how to get the sql backup file you have properly restored. Then you get the files online that will talk to that database. Then you do your upgrade.

Actually... so what you MIGHT be able to do, assuming your database backup is properly restored, is to simply run the installer/upgrader. It would be at yourdomain.com/path-if-any/install/index.php. Once there you will select "upgrade an existing installation" and see if it works out for you.

By the way make sure your "conf/_basic_config.php" file knows the database connection info. Alternatively you can "CHMOD" that file and have your server update it, but I rarely do that and have to find it in the manual.

Hope this helps!

3 Dec 29, 2007 13:56

Essentially what happen was that I was with another hosting company and changed to a new one. I did a fresh install of the software and now need to upload the information that I had on the other blog.

The people from the new server did an upload of the sql data into my new empty database but it did not work.

4 Dec 29, 2007 16:41

EdB wrote:

By the way make sure your "conf/_basic_config.php" file knows the database connection info.

Hope this helps!

This is the most important information from the reply by EdB. crack open this file and look for:

/**
 * MySQL DB settings.
 * Fill in your database details (check carefully or nothing will work!)
 */
$db_config = array(
	'user'          => 'demouser',     // your MySQL username
	'password'      => 'demopass',     // ...and password
	'name'          => 'b2evolution',  // the name of the database
	'host'          => 'localhost',    // MySQL Server (typically 'localhost')
);

Here you must tell B2evolution where the new database is stored. You will find that information in your mails from the new hosting company or in cPanel or in phpMyAdmin.

Good luck

Form is loading...