Recent Topics

1 Dec 30, 2007 17:50    

It is currently giving an error when I edit a post I just submitted:

Please enter a valid issue date.

As the date field keeps getting truncated whenever I click the submit button.

I'm using a long date format like this:
Sunday December 30, 2007

Very serious error I've noticed just now after upgrading to 2.3.0-rc1.

3 Dec 30, 2007 18:33

It doesn't appear in the demo at all.

But the date while editing a post in my server appears as the long format:
"Sunday December 30, 2007"

Instead of the short format.

Whereas when I tested in localhost and in the demoserver, no matter what I had set the display format, the date while editing appears as 12/30/07.

Also if I manually set the date to 12/30/07 in the date field it still gives the same error.

Strange :oops:

4 Dec 30, 2007 18:37

(From memory) The date format is associated with the regional settings from the blog. You can change that in blog settings. I believe the setting you choose on initial install is dominant, so you may also check one of the conf files.

Good luck

5 Dec 30, 2007 18:39

But does the edited date format depend on the display format?

EDIT: I just confirmed that this happens to be right. If I use a short form like d/m/y it works correctly.

But I want to use the long date format and if I use it the date gets truncated when I edit a post.

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, it's a bit confusing, but I think I should set the default global format to a simple format like d/m/y and then set the locale display format for the blog to the longer one I want.

6 Dec 30, 2007 18:49

This problem seems to occur only with the long date format:

"Sunday December 30, 2007"

7 Dec 30, 2007 19:03

Can you confirm this error only occurred after upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? That may be a clue to the wizards.

8 Dec 31, 2007 04:46

Afwas wrote:

Can you confirm this error only occurred after upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3? That may be a clue to the wizards.

Yes, quite sure. I was able to edit posts before this upgrade. Now I've temporarily fixed the problem by changing the date format to
"Sunday Dec 30, 2007" instead of "Sunday December 30, 2007"

9 Dec 31, 2007 15:24

Excuse me for replying without adding value, but way back when this was a problem that was solved. I apologize for no details, but if one searches the forums for maybe "long date format" one might find the solution that worked back then.

It is also possible I'm dreaming the solution exists/existed, but for sure the "long date" problem has been identified previously. Perhaps it's time to pull out the "rarely used but very effective" call to a developer?

I love you I love you I love you! You're great you're great you're great! Oh the pain oh the pain oh the pain!

(Believe it or not, they fall for that *every* time ;) )

11 Jan 01, 2008 16:31

Thanks "he who has odd characters that are (oddly) readable by a damnably dumb yankee" otherwise known as ¥åßßå!

(See harishankar: I totally told you it always works! ;) )

12 Jan 02, 2008 00:46

EdB wrote:

"he who has odd characters"

lol, I'm pretty sure I'm not the oddest character around here huh lemming? ;)

You grumpy old buggers are all the same, throw yerself off a cliff already ....... bugger, you already do that huh? .... throw me off a cliff then :D

¥

ps. one day I'm gonna meet up with yah for a drink ( and hopefully a fat one :D ), I look forward to it ;)

13 Jan 02, 2008 11:56

Thanks for the tip. :)

Form is loading...