Recent Topics

1 Jan 03, 2008 21:01    

[b]My b2evolution Version: 2.2
I downloaded the adsense plugin which appears under my post box, but nothing happens when i click it. The same happens with the youtube plugin but i get round that by typing youtube before and after the id.

But whatever i try with the adsense it doesn't work. I have tried pasting the google code directly into the main.php and no matter where i paste it it doesn't appear on my blog page.
I am far from an expert so the answer is probably really simple, but i would really appreciate an answer in laymans terms. The ad i want to use is a 728x90 ad that i would like to put top and bottom of my page. The code is:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-2311384612180071";
//728x90, created 1/3/08
google_ad_slot = "8579605677";
google_ad_width = 728;
google_ad_height = 90;
//--></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

If someone can tell me how to add it and how to insert it, that would be fantastic!

2 Feb 01, 2008 03:31

I have always used frontage, so i am using Dreamweaver 8 to edit the .php page, which i am admididly not very familiar with, but cant get the ads (or anything) to appear no matter where i post the code. Also how do you get it on the left side for a long vertical ad?

ineedbobblog.com

3 Feb 01, 2008 04:05

I'm no expert on that stuff, but generally you don't need to edit the files to use a plugin. You upload the plugin to your "plugins" folder, then install the plugin via Global settings->Plugins install->install new. From there you click "install" over on the far right of the line that begins with the plugin's name.

Next step would be to click the name of the plugin from the "Plugins install" and see what settings it has. I'm guessing here, but it probably has a field or maybe fields for the bits of code you got with your adsense account.

FINALLY you go to your Blog settings->pick a blog->widgets install and "install new" for the container you want your ads to show up in, and install the widget the plugin created.

This is TOTAL guesswork, but yeah you shouldn't need to edit files to add a plugin.

IF on the other hand you simply want to hard-code it in then use code view in DW and insert the code into one of the files in your skins/yourskin/ folder. Exactly which file depends on exactly which skin you're using yah?

Hope it helps a wee bit.

4 Feb 01, 2008 04:08

I finally just figured that out after a ton of searching, but then the problem become that all the built in skins only have a right sidebar. I want to put the adsense on the left. I dont see a way to add it because it says its not included with that skin. I am currently trying to install a new skin that i downloaded, not haveing much luck there...yet. :)
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

thanks

5 Feb 01, 2008 04:39

I copy the skin to its folder in the /skins folder but it does not appear as one to select. It looks like maybe its a version thing? The skins i download say 1.9 and perhaps they wont appear on 2.x ?

6 Feb 01, 2008 06:11

Correct. You need skins for 2.x for 2.x installations of b2evo. To get a sidebar on the other side means, basically, building a skin with space over there (styles and code - not just space on the screen) and adding a container for your widget. Not hard, but you pretty much need to know your way around using styles to build the layout. After that it's not so hard to put a new container in your real estate.

Form is loading...