Recent Topics

1 Jan 07, 2008 02:21    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

:?:

Hey;

I want to create a database (that people can contribute to) of useful links that are related to my blog. I want people to be able to go there and "find some link" that they need.

I have not used Link Blogs much, but it looks to me that a Link blog would be missing the "navigation" that you get with a Link Directory.

Any thoughts? Maybe we need a Link Directory plugin for the Link Blog? Just thinking out loud. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,
Mark

2 Jan 07, 2008 16:00

How far can you go if you create Categories within the linkblog. Will your users understand?

Good luck

3 Jan 07, 2008 17:10

Actually, I think that might be the answer.

Is there a way to create a table of contents page for the linkblog that would show post titles by cat and subcat in an attractive way. That might do it.

Then I could have a "Links" link in the blog menu that resulted in a sensible list.

Thanks,
Mark

4 Jan 07, 2008 18:05

I guess I need to figure out how this works:

?disp=catdir

5 Jan 07, 2008 19:01

OK.

I'm gonna need some help here.

Looks like to me that ?disp=catdir is a skin thing that calls stuff _catdir.disp.php

All that does is call the category widget (now a widget as of 2.x).

'widget' => 'coll_category_list',

That code is in / blogs / inc / widgets / widgets /

So, am am pretty sure I do not understand what function in there is getting called (or how.).

Man, I feel stupid.

Any hints here?

First thing I want to try is to modify the code so that I can set a target category -- i.e only show me the listing for cat = foo and the dependent subcats.

:)

6 Jan 07, 2008 20:21

And one more thing. Either the category widget checkbox options don't work, or I don't know how to use them. That functionality directly from a URL is a big part of what I want...but I can't understand how to make it work.

7 Jan 08, 2008 00:10

most of the core widgets functionality are in inc/widgets/model/_widget.class.php ;)

The chances are that you can override $cat by making it a global before the call or by altering the call in the skin file ....... I haven't even cracked open the file though, so this is just a guesstimate ;)

¥

Form is loading...