Recent Topics

1 Jan 12, 2008 19:42    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.3

Hi, my blog has been inactive for a while and I recently set about to restarting it and as such redid my blogroll in the linkblog. My problem is that it only shows a finite number of blogs from my blogroll. I followed the instructions in the manual to go in and change the default number of items shown from 20. I initially changed it to 200, but nothing happened. Figuring maybe that was too large I changed it to 78 and still no dice. The blog in question is giopolitics.com and if anyone could give me some insight I would appreciate it.

2 Jan 12, 2008 19:51

Blog 4 is your linkblog: giopolitics.com/index.php?blog=4 Go to your backoffice, find that blog and change the number of items per page to some high number. That should work.
I do no longer maintain a 1.9 blog, so I cannot test for you. Please report back to this topic.

Good luck

3 Jan 12, 2008 20:12

Back in the 1.* generation you need to open a file called skins/yourskin/_linkblog.php and find the line up near the top that talks about "linkblog_limit". Typically it had a value of 20, so you change it to 454 or whatever suits your needs.

I'm pretty sure this will apply to 1.9.3!

4 Jan 12, 2008 21:37

Here is what I did.

I went into the backoffice. I clicked on templates. I clicked on linkblog.php which opens that skin. I scrolled through the code until I came to:

# maximum number of linkblog entries to display:
if(!isset($linkblog_limit)) $linkblog_limit = 75;
# global linkblog delimiters:
if(!isset($linkblog_main_start)) $linkblog_main_start = '<div class="bSideItem"><h3>'.

Where the 75 is, I changed that from 20 to 75.

My problem is that it is not showing all the categories from my link blog and the stuff that comes under them. Further, the categories that are showing are not showing the full number of links.

Is this the right place to make that change?

5 Jan 12, 2008 21:47

Maybe, maybe not. The correct place is in the _linkblog.php file for the skin you are using. The template editor only edits the 'custom' skin, so if you're not using custom it won't help you. (I think that's true for your version.)

Got link?

8 Jan 13, 2008 04:35

@romputer
Have you assigned the Boogle skin to your linkblog in the Admin

Check that out

9 Jan 13, 2008 05:52

John wrote:

@romputer
Have you assigned the Boogle skin to your linkblog in the Admin

Check that out

Wow, thanks. I just figured it out thanks to you. :!:

10 Jan 13, 2008 06:50

Aha! The skin you're using isn't 'custom', so editing files via the template tag won't help you. As you've noticed ;) You will have to use an external editor then upload the appropriate file.

OR you can get tricky. On your server rename the 'custom' skin to 'custom_original' AND rename your current skin (sorry but I forget the name of it) to 'custom'. Your blog will break but you can easily fix that by selecting 'custom' as the skin for the blog. THEN you can use the templates tab to edit the skin you're using.

Hope it helps!

11 Jan 13, 2008 15:16

I am kind of a newbie to this.

What file would I need to change? What would I need to actually change?

12 Jan 13, 2008 16:00

Hi dundare,

Look for a _linkblog.php file in the directory of your skin. I am not sure what the name of your skin is, but look for /skins/YOURSKIN/_linkblog.php where YOURSKIN is the actual name of the skin.

Good luck

13 Jan 13, 2008 16:29

Ok - and then when I find it? What then?

14 Jan 13, 2008 17:17

Cancel that - I got it. Thanks for all the help and patience everyone :)

15 Jan 13, 2008 23:29

dundare,

Before you run into all other sorts of problems have a look at this:

<base href="http://giopolitics.com//skins/wpc_default/" />

The // means you do not have the $baseurl set correctly. You find that in /conf/_basic_conf.php. Probably both slashes are there, delete one.

Good luck

Form is loading...