Recent Topics

1 Jan 14, 2008 18:17    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Can you just tell me where I can go in the code to just take trackbacks off of my site?

I am tired also of trackback spam. I think the best thing would be to do is to just delete the code that displays the link for trackbacks.

Any help would be great!
JW Patterson
Auto Professionals
Kansas City, MO.

2 Jan 14, 2008 19:38

There is an option to allow trackbacks that if you uncheck it will stop trackback spam. Depending on your version it will be on blog settings or app settings or global settings. Poke around a bit and you will find it.

Probably on "blog settings" because I think you can have it on or off on a blog by blog basis.

3 Jan 29, 2008 00:57

I'm using 2.3-RC1 and I can't find that check box anywhere. I've paged through ever tab under "Global Settings" and "Blog Settings" and just cannot see it.

Am I just cross-eyed from reading all these options? Or is it really not there? Does anyone know where I can disable trackbacks on my site?

4 Jan 29, 2008 01:02

admin > blog settings > [blog] > features ;)

¥

5 Jan 29, 2008 01:11

¥åßßå wrote:

admin > blog settings > [blog] > features ;)

¥

Thank you, sir.

Turns out that the check box is hidden if you've set the primary "Comments" setting to "No comments are allowed in this blog".

...Which seems a little odd. If the option is hidden and "no comments" is the setting, you would think "no trackbacks" would be automatic.

Anyhow, thanks for pointing me right.

Spammers can now resume "eating it".

Form is loading...