Recent Topics

1 Jan 15, 2008 18:10    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have upgraded to a new version and found my original post about it but things have changed much it seems and I can't find the files to edit.

This is the version I have now: b2evolution 1.10.3

and this is my original posting about the short name issue I was having:
http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=3861

I hope someone can help me before I decide to just revert back to the old version.

I will also have to redo all my customizations which were numerous but I want this one handled first. If I can't fix this issue I will just reinstall my old back ups.

Heidi

2 Jan 16, 2008 06:41

I think that the file you need to edit is located here:

/inc/view/collections/_blogs_general.form.php

You would also still need to edit the field in the appropriate table for this in the database.

3 Jan 16, 2008 06:46

Thanks. I will check it out. I reverted back to the old version because there was just too much to change...

I think what I will do is install it on a sub-directory using the same database as the original until I can see if I can customize everything how I have it now.

I found my thread on making all custom skins editable via admin in the archived threads LOL. My custom skins are vitally important as well and I couldn't see how to get them working with the new set up.

Testing in a sub of the site will be the better idea. I have to change it pretty much because I have been hacked twice and a spammer mailer put on my domain. The host says it is a vulnerability in my older version of b2. I realy don't know but they want me to upgrade it.

Heidi

4 Jan 16, 2008 06:51

It's not that hard to create a new mySQL database and you could avoid some problems if you just take that extra step.

Form is loading...