Recent Topics

1 Jan 16, 2008 13:15    

My b2evolution Version: V2.3

I was wondering if anyone could help me out in removing the following from the Search part in the sidebar on my blog.

www.garysblog.co.uk

All Words
Some Word
Entire phrase
(and the radio buttons)

I would just prefer to have the search field box and the search button instead.
I have looked through a lot of pages but can't seem to find them to deleted/comment them out.

Any ideas anyone please :)

Gz :D

2 Jan 16, 2008 13:26

Hi

Comment or delete this strings in /inc/widgets/widgets/_coll_search_form.widget.php on line 86

echo '<input type="radio" name="sentence" value="AND" id="sentAND" '.( $sentence=='AND' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentAND">'.T_('All Words').'</label><br />';

echo '<input type="radio" name="sentence" value="OR" id="sentOR" '.( $sentence=='OR' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentOR">'.T_('Some Word').'</label><br />';

echo '<input type="radio" name="sentence" value="sentence" id="sentence" '.( $sentence=='sentence' ? 'checked="checked" ' : '' ).'/><label for="sentence">'.T_('Entire phrase').'</label>';

3 Jan 16, 2008 13:43

That's what I did, but is it possible to clone or make another install of the search widget? I tried once but failed.

Someone might benefit from having one style of search in one template, and a second style on a different blog or in another position on the primary template.

5 Jan 16, 2008 14:06

You can make a custom search field.

<form name="search" method="get" action="http://your.blog/index.php">
    <input name="s" value="" type="text">
    <input value="Search" type="submit">
</form>

6 Jan 16, 2008 15:38

* sam2kb*

Thanks very much, works a dream, just what I wanted ;)

* Yabba* I tried to instal that plugin last night but it just crashed my blog. Never mind, all working now :P

7 Jan 16, 2008 15:45

You're welcome, but deleting the code is not a good idea, try to put that search form above in free html widget.

8 Jan 16, 2008 15:47

keljem wrote:

* Yabba* I tried to instal that plugin last night but it just crashed my blog. Never mind, all working now :P

¥åßßå wrote:

you'll need to make the changes mentioned on the last page of the thread if it still has errors though ;)

;)

¥

9 Jan 16, 2008 15:54

No worries mate, what I have is good enough for me now.
Cheers anyway

Form is loading...