Recent Topics

1 Jan 16, 2008 22:42    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi !
In advance sorry for my english....

I've discover it's possible to publish by email in B2evolution
And i want to use this fonctionnality with my Gmail Account but i dont know why i doesnt work...

Pop in Gmail is Enable
Field on B2evo publish by mail are completed

I someone can explain me how to configure B2evo to publish my post with Gmail .....?

Thanks in advance=)

2 Jan 17, 2008 14:42

Hi pouark,

This is not yet possible. We have been looking for a script able to sent mails through SMTP but for various reasons it's etc etc
B2evo uses the PHP mail() function to generate mails. There is no need, nor the possibility, to set up gmail for B2evo.
You must enter the admin's email for notifications etc. Do so in /conf/_basic_conf.php (or is it _advanced.php?)

Good luck

3 Jan 17, 2008 15:35

That is somewhat curious to me. Do you mean "under no circumstances ever can you blog via gmail" or do you mean "you can't blog via gmail on a web browser"? I download my gmails so to me it's just like a real email address is what I'm getting at.

4 Jan 17, 2008 15:38

I read the question as: can I post *through* Gmail. That is a SMTP connection to Gmail or any other external mailserver.

6 Jan 17, 2008 18:58

I want to write / send my blog post through Gmail...

And i've see the function "Publish through Email" (publier par email in french)
in B2evo admin

So it isnt possible?

7 Jan 17, 2008 19:41

But do you mean "from the gmail web page" or "using a gmail account from my email program"? For example I have 3 gmail accounts and NEVER use the gmail web page.

If you want to use the gmail web page then no it will not work, but I am pretty sure that "from your email program" will work.

8 Jan 17, 2008 19:44

Yes i mean from Gmail Webpage.... :( so it doesn't work :(
But if i write from an email program like thunderbird, it's work...
That's right?

9 Jan 17, 2008 20:00

I believe the answer to "will it work from thunderbird" is YES, and I will test it and report back.

10 Jan 18, 2008 13:53

:(

I was unable to make blogging by email work with either gmail OR an email address of my domain name. BTW the manual page is a bit out of date because in 230RC1 enabling email blogging is a back-office setting.

11 Jan 18, 2008 16:12

Thx but i believe i'm not interrest if i cant blog via email throught Gmail Website.

i really don't like Email Software like Outlook or Thunderbird etc etc

Form is loading...