Recent Topics

1 Jan 16, 2008 23:21    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Creative Commons plugin is the goal. Part of that is RDF embedded in the blog identifying the license. That's easy to do and done, but the part that sucks is telling it, in RDF, exactly what the license applies to. Given that I might have 10 posts per page from 10 authors...

I've got the item's title and author and dates (created and modified), but am stumbling over the permanent URL.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I always forget my version! 2.3.0-RC1 in this case.

2 Jan 17, 2008 00:09

I think I'm missing your problem, but here goes .... assuming you're using a skintag for your rdf bit, you can either pass $Item as a param ( buggered if I can remember the exact syntax off the top of my head, but I heard you were a bright guy so yer bound to work it out ), or you can just global $Item ... either way should work, then you can just do $foo = $My_found_item___hooray->get_permanent_url();

Hence why I think I'm missing your problem ..... damn strange really, since yer normally so explicit when defining your problems :roll:

¥

3 Jan 17, 2008 00:35

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I'm pretty sure your answer is what I need, and wow how simple can it get, but I glossed over it and pulled a brain fart. So now I'll try to clarify where I'm at. Remember when all posts had RDF embedded in the "view source" as a comment? That's what the ccl plugin has always done, and still needs to do. Not something the user needs to add to a file yah? Just use the plugin and get both a visual presentation (via an image or plain text) AND machine-readable code embedded inside your view-source. The machine readable version allows "CCL friendly" search engines to see what type of license you've applied to your works.

http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Implement_Metadata shows it much better than I can fake one up by way of example.

They go down the stupid "dublin core" path so far it ain't funny. I'll be happy when I can identify the actual item each particular license applies to with "permalink, title, author, date created" in addition to the exact license chosen and the nation it works in.

I've pretty much thrown out the guts of the original plugin :) So much stuff in there did NOTHING at all! I think (hope?) I'm making a very strong plugin that can last through a couple of release cycles... :roll:

Form is loading...