Recent Topics

1 Jan 19, 2008 09:40    

My b2evolution Version: Maybe 1.9?

I was trying to help someone with a blog (it belonged to a student) who accidently deleted the files in his blogs directory. I told him that it shouldn't be a problem since the data base is intact. He has the mysql data base untouched and the password access to it... from when he entered the blog info (he actually has a copy of his basic_config.php.. but that's all he has from the first installation). So, he tried to upload the files from a 1.9.2 version (since that's what he thought he remembered his was).

However, he got this error message when he tried to run it (using his old basic_config.php file).

This is b2evolution version 1.9.2.

You cannot use the application before you finish configuration and installation.

Database schema is not up to date!

You have schema version «9350», but we would need «9340».

Please use the installer to finish your configuration/installation now.

He asked me if he should then click the link to have the installer fix the schema version, but, my thought was that using that installer might just create a bunch of new tables (and sample blogs) and overwrite his info, so I told him to wait. And here I am because I really don't know the answer. I did a backup of his database (just for safekeeping) and have that on my computer..

Does that 9340 give anyone a clue as to what B2 version he should be using? Or, can he just go ahead and run the installation mechanism to correct that schema version discrepancy?

2 Jan 19, 2008 10:11

Try v193 instead. Schema goes up when the database changes, so if the db has something bigger than the files expect the db must have come from a higher version of files.

3 Jan 19, 2008 10:19

Thanks for your help Edb... I will help him by doing this myself. I didn't know if I needed to go down or up in the versions with that "message" about the schema. I'll see if 1.93 works. If I mess it up... I do have the database backed up (and I put that for him in my own computer... anybody who accidently deletes files needs a bit of watching out for).

4 Jan 19, 2008 17:37

I am adding another post here to tell you, Edb, that it worked perfectly (going to a higher version). I have him completely restored. And, I must say that the tips you gave on upgrading on another thread were excellent. I have copied all that and will give it to students for future reference. It is quite simple when you do it the right way. You are so very good at providing direct help.

I am really grateful for what you have done for this board.

5 Jan 19, 2008 18:07

No problem - glad you got it going.

I've often thought a table of schema to version would be a good idea for the rare case where things get out of whack and something has to be fixed. Find the schema via phpmyadmin, get the version it works with.

Form is loading...