Recent Topics

1 Jan 21, 2008 22:23    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

1/ I have a blog that I want to upgrade to 2.3, it is quite a popular blog and has many external links direct to pages, if I upgrade to 2.3 will the url change so they do not link to the correct page.

2/ I have backed up my files via ftp to my computer, a complete home directory backup from cpanel and also backed up my database, my ISP also have my data backed up (I used to be a server engineer and drumming into so many customers to take a backup regularly is ingrained) I have read the install information and it says to remove the existing files, is there a list of directories I need to remove so I don't remove the wrong ones, b2e is in the root, that is if you can call it a root on a shared server.

2 Jan 21, 2008 22:41

I think that depends on what type of inbound links you have, but for the most part b2evolution will still be able to resolve them properly. For example links to my stub files have never broken by upgrading - even to 230. AFAIK none of my permalinks have broken either. I get a ton of traffic to a page that no longer resolves properly so the visitors get sent to the main page. It includes ?blog=7&paged=5 after my stub file name. How someone found that is beyond me, but it's gotten shared so now the traffic is even higher. They all get sent to the main page though. OTOH if it actually did resolve then "page=5" would change as I posted more stuff yah?

Therefore overall and in general I think you're totally safe.

Form is loading...