Recent Topics

1 Jan 22, 2008 07:14    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

I just started playing around with b2evolution last night for the first time. I've been going through the setup trying to figure out how to setup admin approval for all comments. I did a search on the forums here, but couldn't find anything that said "go here" to activate this although some of the posts I found seemed to imply that it could be done.

Is this possible? Or, is there some other way to keep the spammers out besides the blacklist?

If possible I would prefer a solution that didn't involve me having to hack the php files.

TIA

2 Jan 22, 2008 07:20

Hi cheekygnome,

Welcome to the forums.
You choose one or two from the following three choises for antispam plugins:
- Captcha plugin
- reCaptcha plugin
- Turing plugin
Additionally I advise the trackback antispam plugin.

These measures will reduce the amount of spam to 'a few per month' to 'less than one a day'. Something like that.

Yuo find all the plugins in the [url=http://plugins.b2evolution.net/]Plugins ripository[/url]. Do a search there.

Good luck

3 Jan 22, 2008 07:39

For basic moderation of comments go to your Blog Settings tab, pick a blog, hit the features sub-tab, and select "draft" from the drop-down menu for "new feedback status".

But it's so much nicer to make that setting be "published" and use a plugin to stop the spammers :)

Form is loading...