Recent Topics

1 Jan 25, 2008 18:12    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I saw in the FAQ post how to make a blog private by making posts "protected".

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=11739&highlight=protected

But i have many blogs on my site, how do I just make 1 or 2 of them protected but leave the defaults for "public" when posting on those, but for hte private blogs make the default "protected"

2 Jan 25, 2008 18:22

Just follow the guide provided by Topanga. Since you are editing blog settings, the settings will only rule that particular blog.

Hope this clarifies 8|

3 Jan 25, 2008 18:43

The settings described in the document I linked to involve changes to PHP files which affect ALL blogs. The changes described there are NOT done via the blog settings from the Admin page.

4 Jan 25, 2008 18:57

That's why I wrote you should follow Topanga's guide.
I did something similar to ¥åßßå, by putting his code:

$login_required = true;

in a stub file for a blog. That way only the blog is protected and not the complete setup.
This worked fabulously, however I can not guarantee there is no hidden back door to the blog bypassing the login.
These are the steps:
- create a stub file (usually a renamed copy of the file/blog/a_stub.php
- setup the blog so it is called through the stub file (Dashboard -> Blog settings -> URL)
- put the code above into the stub file, right after the opening <?php

Now only people who can login can access the protected blog.

The solution Topanga provides works different. Here the blog is not protected and visible to the world, but the posts in that blog are. They are only seen by members of that blog and you decide who those members are.

Good luck

5 Jan 25, 2008 19:03

What you describe is precisely what I want.

Where is Topanga's guide? Can you post the link?

THanks!

6 Jan 25, 2008 19:05

It's the same link you gave.

7 Jan 25, 2008 19:22

OK, but there is nothing in Topanga's post about using stubs. I'll take a look at the user documentation. Thanks for the suggestion!

8 Jan 25, 2008 19:48

There are two different strategies. First there is Topamga's and second there is ¥åßßå's. My solution is an adaptation of ¥åßßå's ideas.
You can use both solutions together, but I think you want to make a choice between them. Simply try and decide what fits your needs.

Good luck

9 Jan 25, 2008 20:29

What you 'should' do is make sure that in the targetted blogs, nobody can publish 'public', only protected.
You leave the default_post_status to public, but since there is no public way in those blogs, the posts will apear as protected.

so people can view the protected blog, but not the posts that are per default published as protected.

If you also don't want people to view the empty blog, you must also add the login = required option by Yabba

Form is loading...