Recent Topics

1 Jan 31, 2008 04:55    

My b2evolution Version: 1.9.2

When a reader leaves a comment, a little mail icon is there next to their name so someone can email them using the website, even if the person is not logged in. I don't want this icon to appear. I don't want it to be possible for any random person to email commenters from my blog using the blog form by clicking on this mail icon.

How do I get rid of the mail icon?

thanks

2 Jan 31, 2008 05:00

Hi mary,

I don't have any 1.9 blogs anymore so I can't tell you exactly where to find it. There is in the backoffice an option to mail other users. you can deselect that option, which also gets rid of the envelope pictures.

Good luck

3 Jan 31, 2008 05:05

Afwas wrote:

Hi mary,

I don't have any 1.9 blogs anymore so I can't tell you exactly where to find it. There is in the backoffice an option to mail other users. you can deselect that option, which also gets rid of the envelope pictures.

Good luck

Thanks. You don't happen to remember where that option is in back office, do you?

4 Jan 31, 2008 05:23

You want to edit the settings for each user. A user can or cannot "receive emails through a message form" See backoffice -> users.

Good luck

5 Jan 31, 2008 05:44

They're not users, just guests who leave comments. I don't have user registration enabled. But when guests leave a comment they input their email addresses.

6 Jan 31, 2008 06:43

Hi mary,

I could only check 1.10, but 1.9 should be similar.
Open /blogs/skins/_feedback.php and find:

case 'comment': // Display a comment:
						echo T_('Comment from:').' ';
						$Comment->author();
						$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
						$Comment->author_url( '', ' · ', '' );
						break;

Here you can delete $Comment->msgform_link( ... and (if youdo not want to show the commentators link also) $Comment->author_url( ...

If this doesn't work, check if yhere is a file with the same name in the folder of the skin you are using.

Good luck

7 Jan 31, 2008 08:16

Hi Mary. You should upgrade. 1.9.2 is obsolete.

It's actually an option that people can opt-out of. So if you want to keep the option but have it OFF by default you have to edit either your skins/_feedback.php file or your skins/yourskin/_feedback.php file. In one of those you will find this:

$comment_options[] = $Form->checkbox_input( 'comment_allow_msgform', true, T_('Allow message form'), array(
	'note' => '('.T_('Allow users to contact you through a message form (your email will NOT be displayed.)').')', 'tabindex' => 8 ) );

See where it says "comment_allow_msgform', true,"? Change the true to false and then most folk won't have an email icon there but the ones who don't mind it will be able to check the box and ... do whatever people do after they check a box allowing email from a comment on a blog post.

9 Jan 31, 2008 11:49

In 2.4 if you use _item_comment.form.inc.php then you should find it's unticked by default ;)

¥

10 Jan 31, 2008 12:01

Well blow me down with a feather , it is indeed. Well done :)
I seem to remember you posting that you wanted to rush off and make it unticked by default...

11 Feb 01, 2008 00:48

Thanks for the replies. I do need to upgrade, but I have it set up all perfect now and I'm afraid to lose my modifications and have to start again :(

Form is loading...