1 Feb 01, 2008 00:54    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi guys....

I have 3 blogs, basically:

http://blog.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?blog=2
http://blog.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?blog=3
http://blog.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?blog=4

Is there any way to set it up so that the following happens:

- If I link to blog "2", the users can not get to blog "3" and "4".
- If I link to blog "3", the users can get to blog "4" but not "2".
- If I link to blog "4", the users can get to blog "3" but not "2".

Basically, I want blog "2" to be isolated, but to use the same backend. Can this be done or would it be so much work that just creating two entirely different blog directories/databases would be easier.

v1.10.3

Thanks!

2 Feb 01, 2008 01:27

Depends on who you mean by "users can't get there" and what you mean by "can't". If 'users' means visitors then uncheck the "include in public bloglist" and "Display public bloglist" settings on the Blog Settings tab for blog #2. If 'users' are registered members then simply don't give them any permissions in the other blogs and you're done.

If by "can't" you mean "can never under any circumstances see this blog" then don't publish on the internet ;) Cuz sooner or later someone who visits blog #2 might find reference to a post in blogs #3 or #4 and there ya go!

3 Feb 01, 2008 01:50

hmmm, i just posted a reply but it was marked as "spammy"...lol.

anybody know if the admins will post it once they see it's not spam?

4 Feb 01, 2008 01:56

I think no one sees a post deemed spam. It's probably because you're new here. Try again only keep an eye out for things that spammers might use frequently yah?

6 Feb 01, 2008 02:06

OK, I lost that flagged post, but they let me know which word got it marked, so lets try again.

Basically, blog 2 is for our investors, blogs 3 and 4 for customers. Since investors like to talk about raising p-r-i-c-e-s and such, we don't necessarily wanting those two groups intermingling.

The solution that you suggest would keep blog 2 from showing up on blog 3 or 4, but it does not seem to keep blog 3 and 4 from showing up on blog 2, which is something I also am looking for.

7 Feb 01, 2008 02:07

whoo wrote:

read your private messages, idioteque

I ALWAY reply to the person when I see these.

Thanks whoo, got it! :)

8 Feb 01, 2008 02:21

Learn something new every day! So now I don't have to try to splain the blockage - just say "check your PMs" :)

So what you're saying is that unchecking both boxes in Blog settings->display->List of public blogs did NOT remove the public blog list from your blog #2? If for some reason that's not working then we can work around it with a hack. Basically you would open your skins/yourskin/_main.php file and look for the few lines it takes to make the bloglist show up, and hide it when you're on blog $2. Something like this, but you'd have to identify the real bloglist code:

<?php if( $blog != '2' ) {
whatever the real bloglist code is
}

The checkboxes should work though.

9 Feb 01, 2008 10:07

EdB, sorry, I misread your post the first time. That actually will work quite well. The placement for the title gets messed up because it seems to depend on the blog list, but I can fix that in the css somehow.

Thanks!

Form is loading...