Recent Topics

1 Feb 07, 2008 08:39    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Alright, so I'm installing this from scratch, I copied everything over as I should have, set up the database, changed the basic config.php file, and then when I run the install script, it tells me to check my database config settings and update them if necessary.

I know that the username, password, and database name are all correct, and I'm fairly certain that localhost is the host, and also that the base URL is what it's supposed to be (I put the /blogs file in the root).

I've reinstalled all of the files, changed the config info again, and am still not sure what's going on. Perhaps I have the mysql host wrong?

Just to expand on this, I believe I'm installing 2.4.0-rc2, and am attempting to do this on a powweb.com (my host) server.

Thanks for any help.

2 Feb 07, 2008 09:54

hi Kibagari,

Welcome to the forums.

The installer tells you it tried to contact the database but it couldn't. Then it gives you the suggestion that this is because the settings are not correct.
So do check those again and again. Go to cPanel, hit MySQL databases and in most cases it will give a list with the data to connect to the DB. Sometimes you need a prefix to the username and databasename like username_username and username_databasename.

Good luck

Form is loading...