Recent Topics

1 Feb 07, 2008 16:13    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I have upgraded my 1.10 blog to 2.4, on the 1.10 I could post my article across all the blogs that were relevant to that article.

With the installation of 2.4 I am not currently able to post across the blogs although my previously cross posted articles still are.

Ive had a look and I can find a box :-

Allow moving categories:
Check to allow moving categories accross blogs. (Caution: can break pre-existing permalinks!)

Is this the equivalent of the change that was made in a configuration file in previous versions, if so will ticking that box make me able to cross blog post but only change the permalink if I change the blog or category already posted in for previous posts or is it likely to change the permalink when I select it..

2 Feb 08, 2008 20:47

Hi pi-stuff,

Yes this is equivalent. It is a goal to get the settings from the files to the backoffice. Did you try and if so, did it work out the way you expected?

Good luck

3 Feb 08, 2008 21:26

Sorry but I must disagree here. The back office setting for moving categories allows exactly that: MOVING categories from one blog to another. To cross-post across multiple blogs still takes an edit. conf/_admin.php would be the file to open up, and $allow_cross_posting = 2; would be the variable and value to allow cross-blog-posting.

Or at least that was my experience with checking that box. I could move cats but still did not have cross-blog-posting as an option.

4 Feb 08, 2008 21:47

EdB,

You are right here. I need to polish my memory.

5 Feb 09, 2008 00:02

Ah we got there in the end.

Thanks EdB for reminding me which file to edit.

Form is loading...