Recent Topics

1 Feb 10, 2008 13:14    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

I think I've got a problem with Tags.

I became aware of it when installing RealTagClound.

When I click on one of the Tags at the end of the post I'm directed to index.php but the tags are not displayed, just the default page with all the posts.

Same happens when clicking on a tag in RTC.

I tried changing the URL setting from Use Param to Use extra-path, but that generates an error when clicking on the tag:

No input file specified.

So, what am I doing wrong? I'm on a Windows/IIS Host: does that make a difference (When trying, unsuccessfully, the thumbnail plugin I had to hardcode

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']

as it apparently doesn't exist on IIS :'( )

2 Feb 11, 2008 00:28

No input file specified - this usually means you are running on php 4. You need php 5.1

give that a try.

Leave a link to your site.

4 Feb 14, 2008 17:45

It must be the problem though, the tags work for me.

5 Feb 14, 2008 18:52

scribbly wrote:

... I'm on a Windows/IIS Host: does that make a difference ...

I'm pretty sure it makes a difference in a lot of things, but I don't know if it applies to this problem. Let's hope one of the smart players here who also happens to know about running on a Windoze box comes along and helps out yah?

6 Feb 24, 2008 14:13

EdB wrote:

scribbly wrote:

... I'm on a Windows/IIS Host: does that make a difference ...

I'm pretty sure it makes a difference in a lot of things, but I don't know if it applies to this problem. Let's hope one of the smart players here who also happens to know about running on a Windoze box comes along and helps out yah?

Yes, let's hope :-/

7 Feb 24, 2008 14:30

A link to your site would be a smidge helpful at this point ;)

¥

9 Feb 24, 2008 23:59

Here's an interesting thing that may or may not be related: when I mouse over your post with 'garden' tag I see the following URL, which I copy/pasted here then removed the part that makes it clickable:

mitupela.net/b/index.php?blog=2&tag=garden

Now when I click that link I see a different URL in the address bar. Copy/paste/edit and you'll see:

mitupela.net/b/index.php?blog=2&tag=garden

Slight difference there yah? Like &tag turned into &tag. I've no idea why or what it means, but I can not visit &tag at your domain.

Hope it helps lead to a breakthrough!

11 Feb 25, 2008 00:07

Of course. And it is not in the link on the page but is in the address bar after clicking because ... ?

12 Feb 25, 2008 00:12

okay not an answer. same thing happens on my test blog when I go to params.

not on categories though.

only on tags.

oh wait: it fails to properly filter according to tags as well.

I'll bet a dollar that's the root of all evil, IIS or not.

13 Feb 25, 2008 00:14

A wee bit more: When using param options on the URLs sub-tab I get a stray ; after the end of the tag when trying to filter to a tag. It filters, but for no reason there is a ; just hanging out there.

Bug!

14 Feb 25, 2008 00:28

Yes!! and when I tried using the path option that was when I was getting the "No input file specified" error:

scribbly wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 2.4
I tried changing the URL setting from Use Param to Use extra-path, but that generates an error when clicking on the tag:

No input file specified.

So, what am I doing wrong? I'm on a Windows/IIS Host: does that make a difference (When trying, unsuccessfully, the thumbnail plugin I had to hardcode

$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']

as it apparently doesn't exist on IIS :'( )

:?: So it's not just me :?:

15 Feb 25, 2008 00:48

Yes it's not just you. Well, the tags issue is duplicatable on my not-ISS server but I have no problem using the 'extra path' params things for URLs. Some people on not-ISS servers can't use the extra path trick, so in those cases people have to fall back to the params thing. Or whichever way that bit goes. I always have to look at the settings to see which one is sometimes not working.

GARRRR! The one that doesn't work sometimes is the one that makes "pretty" URLs. The one that almost never ever fails is the one with ?this=that&foo=bar stuff in it.

ANYWAY it seems that using the "pretty URLs" method makes tags filterable BUT you get a weird extra ; at the end of the URL. When that method fails period (as it does for you) then you go to the "not pretty URLs" method, which fails for both you and me.

"pretty URLs" = tags work with an extra character.
"not pretty URLs" = tags don't filter.

One of those is params and one is extra path but I'll be damned if I can recall which is which :roll:

Form is loading...