Recent Topics

1 Feb 14, 2008 01:53    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I have 1.10.3 running well (db_ver 9350).
I am running the installation/upgrade script for 2.4.0 and get multiple stops that look like this :
----
Creating DB schema version checkpoint at 9412... OK. (Elapsed upgrade time: 1 seconds)
Renaming tables...

An unexpected error has occured!
If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Table 'evo_items__status' already exists(Errno=1050)

Your query:

RENAME TABLE evo_item__prerendering TO evo_items__prerendering,
evo_poststatuses TO evo_items__status,
evo_posttypes TO evo_items__type,
evo_posts TO evo_items__item
-----
I then would drop the offending table and the upgrade would run for a few seconds, updating the dbversion and then stop with a very similar error. All in all, the upgrade reported that the tables
`evo_skins__skin`;`evo_skins__container`;`evo_widget`;`evo_items__status`;`evo_items__type`;
already existed.

The final error, that I couldn't get around with a DROP command was that evo_items__prerendering already existed.

I have a good backup so I have tried to do the upgrade 3 or 4 times and it is always the same pattern of errors.

I know that the upgrade should be easier than this, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas?
Thanks
MATT

2 Feb 14, 2008 02:34

Well that sucks. Let's get some stuff figured out to start figuring out what the deal is yah?

Your PHP version, your MySQL version, and something else that just came up as important but not the same symptom you have ... ah heck I forget.

Okay http://x.theule.com/blogs/install/phpinfo.php is there (and I hope no other files are present in that folder!) so we can get the version info from that. php is 4.4.8, mysql doesn't make sense to me but it is in there, and zend seems to be 1.3.0 which I think is okay.

Your backup copy: is it 'normal' or did you do stuff with it along the way? What I mean is did you have any hacks that caused you to modify the database, or maybe try an upgrade that didn't work and went back to your 1103 files without restoring a prior database backup?

Trying to discern something about your database table structure there. Like for example you should be able to see via phpmyadmin that you have 31 tables in that database.

Hopefully this doesn't take forever to work through, but smart people will come along eventually and probably find answers. I'm just looking to start the process.

3 Feb 14, 2008 02:39

Oh and I should also pull out my favorite shotgun.

Grab a brand new copy of 240 and unzip it on your PC and upload THAT instead of the copy you are already trying to use. Just in case there is something funny in your files eh? No way of knowing there is a corrupted file, but if there is then it could have happened anywhere from getting the zip to uploading the files, so replacing all the way back to the downloaded zip will get rid of the problem IF this is the problem.

4 Feb 14, 2008 02:58

The only time I encountered this problem I edited the upgrade file -/install/_functions_evoupgrade.php- in stead of killing the database tables. It is probably even more work, but this way I was reasonably certain it didn't skip anything. This is what I did: if at a point it halts, mark the checkpoint it succeeded. Now delete each and every item from the checkpoint to and including the errorline. Now run the installer again until you hit the next one. Do this over and over and over again.

It turned out the installer did *everything* correct except it didn't do the checkpoints correctly, so the database was OK all the time. (It's a hint)
Don't ask me what the cause of the troubles is. I thought it over, but couldn't find a clue. I proposed a check for existing database tables before attempting to overwrite, but that didn't pass the semi-finals.

Check the forums. There is a lengthy conversation about the problem.

Good luck

5 Feb 14, 2008 03:45

Thanks for the quick replies.
I am moving the blog to a new server. I got 1.10.3 running on the new server and attempted to upgrade that to 2.4.0
The URL in question is : http://67.199.30.141/blogs/install/index.php
My PHP version : 5.2.1
My MySQL version : 5.0.54-log

From the replies, I remembered that I had a botched 2.x (Las Vegas) upgrade that I ended up chucking. I restored a backup but I might have left some of the new tables in place, thus the errors that the tables already exist. Is there a list of database tables that go along with each version? I guess I could make sure my table list matches the 1.10.3 version, and then try the upgrade to 2.4.

Again thanks for the pointers, you have given me some ideas on where to go next.
MATT

6 Feb 14, 2008 03:56

* Verkennen evo_antispam
    * Verkennen evo_basedomains
    * Verkennen evo_bloggroups
    * Verkennen evo_blogs
    * Verkennen evo_blogusers
    * Verkennen evo_categories
    * Verkennen evo_coll_settings
    * Verkennen evo_comments
    * - evo_cron (2)
          o Verkennen evo_cron__log
          o Verkennen evo_cron__task
    * Verkennen evo_files
    * Verkennen evo_filetypes
    * - evo_global (1)
          o Verkennen evo_global__cache
    * Verkennen evo_groups
    * Verkennen evo_hitlog
    * - evo_items (6)
          o Verkennen evo_items__item
          o Verkennen evo_items__itemtag
          o Verkennen evo_items__prerendering
          o Verkennen evo_items__status
          o Verkennen evo_items__tag
          o Verkennen evo_items__type
    * Verkennen evo_links
    * Verkennen evo_locales
    * Verkennen evo_pluginevents
    * Verkennen evo_plugins
    * Verkennen evo_pluginsettings
    * Verkennen evo_pluginusersettings
    * Verkennen evo_postcats
    * Verkennen evo_sessions
    * Verkennen evo_settings
    * - evo_skins (2)
          o Verkennen evo_skins__container
          o Verkennen evo_skins__skin
    * Verkennen evo_subscriptions
    * Verkennen evo_useragents
    * Verkennen evo_users
    * Verkennen evo_usersettings
    * Verkennen evo_widget

* Verkennen evo_antispam
    * Verkennen evo_basedomains
    * Verkennen evo_bloggroups
    * Verkennen evo_blogs
    * Verkennen evo_blogusers
    * Verkennen evo_categories
    * Verkennen evo_coll_settings
    * Verkennen evo_comments
    * - evo_cron (2)
          o Verkennen evo_cron__log
          o Verkennen evo_cron__task
    * Verkennen evo_files
    * Verkennen evo_filetypes
    * Verkennen evo_groups
    * Verkennen evo_hitlog
    * - evo_item (1)
          o Verkennen evo_item__prerendering
    * Verkennen evo_links
    * Verkennen evo_locales
    * Verkennen evo_pluginevents
    * Verkennen evo_plugins
    * Verkennen evo_pluginsettings
    * Verkennen evo_pluginusersettings
    * Verkennen evo_postcats
    * Verkennen evo_posts
    * Verkennen evo_poststatuses
    * Verkennen evo_posttypes
    * Verkennen evo_sessions
    * Verkennen evo_settings
    * Verkennen evo_subscriptions
    * Verkennen evo_useragents
    * Verkennen evo_users
    * Verkennen evo_usersettings

7 Feb 26, 2008 00:04

Tried the upgrade from 1.10.3 to 2.4.0 yesterday but got the same error. Did not spend any time trying to figure out why I got the error, just realized that the error was not the same as the last time when I tried to upgrade from 1.10.2 to 2.1.0.

So...I will wait until the first 2.x stable release and try then...

8 Mar 02, 2008 04:26

Not sure if this helps at all, but here is how I fixed my problem.

I changed the username / password for the database connection to root / ***** then did the upgrade again, and whola it worked. I then changed the username / password back to the site specific username / password in the _basic_config.php file.

9 Mar 17, 2008 21:49

rhellem wrote:

So...I will wait until the first 2.x stable release and try then...

...and...when reading the documentation a bit better I found this info running phpinfo

This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies with Zend Extension Manager v1.0.6, Copyright (c) 2003-2004, by Zend Technologies with Zend Optimizer v2.5.7, Copyright (c) 1998-2004, by Zend Technologies

so, Zend Optimizer v2.5.7 should be 2.6.x, I guess that might be the reason for me getting the error?

10 Apr 06, 2008 16:06

Instead of doing what I've done before I did actually read all the above posts this time. I realized that I had tables from my previous failed installation attempts that should not have been there. I ran the following SQL-script

DROP TABLE `evo_widget`;
DROP TABLE `evo_skins__skin`;
DROP TABLE `evo_skins__container`;
DROP TABLE `evo_global__cache`;
DROP TABLE `evo_items__item` ,
`evo_items__itemtag` ,
`evo_items__prerendering` ,
`evo_items__status` ,
`evo_items__tag` ,
`evo_items__type` ;

That made the installation script run without errors.

Need also say that my ISP have moved my domain to another server running PHP 5 and a Zend Optimzer version supported by 2.4.x

Got some other errors, but not worth posting in this thread
:)

Update: I will do anyhow, because the error I was refereeing to above was just a small "RTFM"-error. I had unzipped the installation files "b2evolution" and uploaded all the files to the server giving me /blog/blogs/install. That was wrong, so I gave it a new try, uploading the blogs folder giving me /blog/install and yes...everything is ok now :)

11 Apr 06, 2008 16:41

Great,

You are describing a correct method, although I would do it by hand one by one. I guess the errors you have now are not related to the upgrade process, so you can (finally) enjoy the new blog.

Have fun

Form is loading...