Recent Topics

1 Feb 14, 2008 11:24    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Please be lenient with me. I found some past discussions about whis subject, but I was not able to find a definitive answer, apart that until two years ago such feature was not supported.

I wish to know if it is possible that a user, even a unregistered user, to be notified by email for the replies to its previous comment.
If yes, have I to install some plugin?

Many thanks for all your help.

2 Feb 14, 2008 17:47

I would wish for that as well, haven't found anything yet though :(

RSS comment feeds for single posts are a pain and only few people go for the whole comment feed, sometimes it's a bit too much.

Isn't anyone bored out there and can build one?

Please, pretty please :)

3 Feb 14, 2008 18:54

Y'all might want to look into bot-a-blog. If I understand correctly all you have to do is tell people to use it - and give them your RSS feed for them to give to bot-a-blog. They will then get an email when the feed is updated, so I'm guessing it'll work with a single-post (comments) feed. You can also sign up with bot-a-blog and get some code to put on your web that will point people to bot-a-blog with your feed already in it.

(Comes from a really old skin is all I know about it ;) )

4 Feb 14, 2008 19:24

Somewhere we have a subscriptions plugin, unfortunately I broke it with the last partial upgrade, but I might have a working version lying around somewhere ...... meanders off to look

¥

5 Feb 15, 2008 03:38

We are talking about the same here, no?

One blog post, little click box for the commenter "send me follow up comments by email"

Right?

;)

7 Feb 15, 2008 09:28

Thanks!

I will give it a try as soon as my head is clear again.
The damn weather is screwing with my mind.
Blue skies one day and dust storm the next.....

Blah...

;)

8 Mar 29, 2009 00:21

Ive just installed this (is excellent, thank you) and all seems to be running smoothly with exception of the "unsubscribe"...

You also have the following subscriptions that you may wish to cancel.

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_by_ID() on a non-object in /home/mysite/public_html/plugins/am_subscriptions_plugin/_am_subscriptions.plugin.php on line 425

(Nb. this isnt for the blog in my profile).

Q. While Im here, is there a reson for the: Comment subject !!!!111!!!ONE and Post subject !!!!!ELEVEN!!1 ?
Im not understanding the exclamation marks and numbers?

Thanks (realise this is an old post so hopefully Ok to drag it up)

Update: There seems to be an extra / in the unsbscribe URL in the email:

http://www.mysite.com//htsrv/call_plugin.php?plugin_ID=24&method=unsubscribe&amu_id=5&amu_key=9767fdc320bdb5375ff3b86fbaafaed2

How do I get rid of it if I need to?
Nb. manually removing the extra slash in the URL doesnt help the error.

9 Mar 29, 2009 09:28

I did mention that I only *thought* it worked ;)

As it happens I now have a working version but I still haven't done the writeup / release yet. With a tad of luck I'll get round to that later today.

The "!!!ONE!!ELEVEN" is just to take the piss out of myspace users who tend to get a little overexcited by 'tinterweb ;)

I'll link the new version here when I get a chance to zip it up, or you'll be able to find it in BOPIT ( if you have bopit installed )

¥

10 Mar 29, 2009 09:51

Ahh :)

All good. Ill leave it running because otherwise great and trust noone wants to unsubscribe :). More fool them for even thinking about it!

I dont use Bopit :?: , awaiting new version with bated? / baited? breath ...

12 Mar 29, 2009 11:07

Ahh :)

Installed.
Why are only two of my plugins highlighted (green). BOPIT and EdB's "More Quick Tags".

13 Mar 29, 2009 11:12

The default language supplied with this plugin is as slick as greased lightening. Worth the download just for a read. :)

14 Mar 29, 2009 11:21

Without knowing what evo version you're running it's a smidge hard to say, but BOPIT can only tell you about plugins that it "knows" about ( there's plans to extend that some time in the future ).

Heh, unfortunately the new versions defaults are a tad less creative ;)

¥

15 Mar 29, 2009 12:01

V 2.3.0

AM BOPIT
AM Subscriptions
Archives Widget
Auto Links
Auto P
Calendar
Code highlight
More Quick Tags
Ping b2evolution.net
Ping-O-Matic plugin
Post to Twitter.com
Quick Tags
ShareThis Widget
Smilies
Texturize
Video Plug
Who's online Widget

But actually, what Im thinking is that the rest seem to be either widgets, pings (ie. not "classified" as plugins??!) or standard...which perhaps BOPIT doesnt bother about? Im quite sure Im rattling on for no good purpose.

John, Im sure that if I had any idea what "default language" was id be suitably impressed :)

16 Mar 29, 2009 12:48

From that list, most are the default plugins that ship with the core, and they're only updated ( if at all ) when the core is updated so there's no need for BOPIT to track them.

If you visit admin > tools > AM BOPIT you'll see a list of all current supported plugins ;)

¥

17 Mar 29, 2009 12:53

Thanks, yep, have seen that list.

Oh well, least i'll know when my "More Tags" needs updating :D

18 Mar 29, 2009 14:59

GigaBob wrote:

Thanks, yep, have seen that list.

Oh well, least i'll know when my "More Tags" needs updating :D

Are you implying, kind sir, that the world's most awesome plugin might one day have to be improved?

Actually all my plugins have updates on the way. Mostly motivated by getting hip to BOPIT's new grooves, but in some cases functionally cool as well. Not sure if More Tags has any new functionality on the way though. Kinda bogged down in making a few of the others get obvious enhancements is the thing. Probably a week or two before anything exciting comes across...

19 Mar 30, 2009 00:12

Definitely not implying anything (and that'd be kind ... whats the opposite of "sir" ? - Madam doesnt feel quite right :) )

I actually couldnt find More Tags on your site yesterday. Before I realised that BOPIT green highlight was good I went searching for a new version.

I enjoy a few of your creations.

20 Mar 30, 2009 03:42

The "Bob" part of GigaBob sorta made me go with an assumption of maleness. Had I cause to guess otherwise it would have been probably "Dear Lady" cuz yeah madam seems to be either tawdry or dowdy.

I had the downloads down for a couple of days so that's why you couldn't get anything. Updates will be happening though. I'm not sure if MoreTags is on the list for actual feature enhancement. I think it is, but they'll probably be minor. All of my plugins are in BOPIT so when it happens you'll see it go red and get a reason for the upgrade.

I think there might be something to fix though. I think between MoreTags and QuickText each of them need to learn something from the other. I dunno. Thinking isn't one of my strong points ;)

21 Mar 30, 2009 04:01

MoreTags is great as is but ill happily upgrade if available.

Yep, sorry 'bout GigaBob. Is a name I whipped up when I decided I needed one for the little bit of webdesign I do. I was talking to a friend at the time who's email is goldfishbob@... :)

Lady works :)

22 Mar 30, 2009 10:35

Ive just installed this (is excellent, thank you) and all seems to be running smoothly with exception of the "unsubscribe"...

Its working! Just like magic.

23 Mar 30, 2009 16:04

Trust me, it has errors, if you can do without the instructions then I can zip up the current version as is for you.

¥

24 Mar 30, 2009 23:50

Ok cool, thanks.

Im surprised there isnt more call for this plugin.

27 Mar 31, 2009 22:30

@Walter... seems to work fine with 3.1

28 Mar 31, 2009 23:34

Thanks YaBBa, but, we have problems.

When commenter has the Subscribe box checked and hits submit the below error message comes up:

Warning: settype() [function.settype]: Invalid type in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php on line 248

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 314

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 315

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/htsrv/comment_post.php on line 316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 146

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 147

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 148

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 149

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 133

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_param.funcs.php:248) in /home/auckl2/public_html/ahotbath/inc/_core/_template.funcs.php on line 136

It is actually working however. Comment posts, emails are received if there are further comments etc.

Nb. Ive installed this on a different blog (2.4.5) to the one above. I dont know what "Re-load Plugin events" but am assuming it doesnt apply for first install?

29 Apr 01, 2009 14:07

ack, I should have copied the working version from personmans web :P

if you find this section of code in the plugin and change the "checkbox" to "string" then it should all be cured :

function BeforeCommentFormInsert( & $params )
{
if( ( $this->subscribe = param( 'am_subs_comment', 'checkbox' ) ) && empty( $params[ 'Comment' ]->author_ID ) && empty( $params[ 'Comment' ]->author_email ) )

¥

30 Apr 01, 2009 14:26

Oh its glorious!

Thank you very much for your time :)

32 Aug 28, 2009 19:29

it works in 3.3, it sends emails, but the comple text of the email is put into the subject ;)

33 Aug 28, 2009 20:36

Wrong thread, look for the mail fix by sam3kb ;)

¥

Form is loading...