Recent Topics

1 Feb 28, 2008 23:47    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.x

where can I find the diagram of the tables of version 2.4 venetian

3 Mar 06, 2008 17:37

I'm pretty sure you can't find it because it doesn't exist yet. ;)

4 Mar 06, 2008 17:51

do you think it is going to be made ?

5 Mar 06, 2008 18:02

Last I heard it was moving up the todo list pretty fast given the stability of the 2.4.* line, but the main developer has taken a bit of a (well earned) vacation so basically yeah it'll get done but no one knows when. Then again all forward looking predictions have as much chance of being accurate as your local weather forecaster :roll:

6 Mar 11, 2008 08:13

dear EdB
tanx for the answers
I have discovered b2evolution and I am planning to use it for a long term project - the only apprehension I have is about the data in the tables
please dispel thus hurdle
I am asking this question because the table structure seems to change a lot through the different versions
If, in future versions, this happens again, will I be able to use the data of this version 2.4 in these future versions ?

7 Mar 11, 2008 09:02

Normally when you upgrade your b2evo version, the installer script updates your database with all data included, of course. I've gone from the 0.9.x series, to the 1.x and now to the 2.x series and have never lost any data.

That being said, if you do database customizations and change the structure in other way than through plugins, then you'll maybe have to recreate your changes after upgrade of modify the upgrade script in order to take into account your personal changes.

8 Mar 11, 2008 15:51

Like Austriaco said, only I go back to the 0.8 days 8| In the past I've added fields to tables for custom stuff. The new fields stay where they are when I upgrade, but of course I have to re-hack my stuff that used those fields. I've since gone completely away from hacking the real tables and either add my own manually or write a plugin for what I need.

Anyway upgrading will upgrade the database layout without loss of content or details stored in the database.

9 Mar 11, 2008 18:58

re-hack my stuff that used those fields
hacking the real tables
please explain

10 Mar 11, 2008 19:01

It means, if you hack ( code ) your own stuff into the evo core then you may have to redo those changes when you upgrade.

¥

12 Mar 11, 2008 19:05

The default installation comes with a set of tables. Modifying them = hack the real tables

If you add tables or columns, then b2evo in its standard version will not do anything with them, probably will not even know they are there. So you need to hack and re-hack with the stuff that deals with those additional tables or columns, i.e. code yourself that stuff and take care of maintain it across upgrades.

I think that's what EdB want to say.

13 Mar 11, 2008 19:23

http://link/removed/just/like/the/linkback/
just wanted to be B) with my first blog
it is an adaptation of the custom skin
I have been creative with moving around the widgets also ;)
please don't be :oops: with :idea:

14 Mar 11, 2008 19:27

It's really cool how you de-linked the b2evo image. Was that a tough hack? :|

¥

15 Mar 11, 2008 19:32

I moved things around a bit in
index.main.php

Am very happy with
- the quick tags of b2evolution
and the extrafields
example = my first post
hxtp://link/removed/just/like/the/linkback/

I am very gratefull to b2evolution but not grateful enough to provide a linkback.
This should be enough reason for EdB to edit my posts and change the links.
May God bless you all

Form is loading...