Recent Topics

1 Feb 29, 2008 03:04    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0.

I am using 2.4.0 with evocamp skin. When I write a post & attempt to save a procedure (such as <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="500" height="500" id="showit_swf", etc. or <div><iframe style="border: medium none ; background-color:000000; etc. , I get one of two CSS errors, "Illegal CSS markup found: id=" or "Illegal CSS markup found: style=". I am also notified "(Note: To get rid of the above validation warnings, you can deactivate unwanted validation rules in your Group settings.)" and
"Invalid content." I've looked in numerous CSS files but my limited knowledge on the matter prevents me from finding the solution. First of all, I would like to take care of the problem & secondly, if I cannot do that, then disable the error messages so I can SAVE. In the BackOffice, I know that I can lessen security filters but that doesn't take care of the problem.

I have also been attempting to find out how not to display the "Link" on a post while still linking the appropriate URL to the Title. That sounds pretty easy but at this point, is still beyond me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Feb 29, 2008 14:48

Hi Ronnie and Welcome to the forums.

The XHTML validator recognizes several options which modify its behavior. These options are configurable on a per-group basis. So, you go to the Users tab inside the backoffice and click in the group you want to modify its settings -for instance, the "Administrators" group, to which you as blog owner belong. There, you can modify the different settings of the XHTML validation.

The annoying message about CSS you can make disappear by turning off "prevent CSS tweaks" (I guess that's the name in english, I'm using my spanish version). Similarly for allowing "object" and so forth.

I hope this helps.

3 Mar 01, 2008 16:28

I really appreciate the help; I have finally stopped those CSS messages! Just as soon as I take care of the "Link" problem, I'll be ready to rock & roll.
Thanks again.

4 Mar 02, 2008 21:33

You're welcome.

What's the link problem again? I didn't understand the first time...:(

5 Mar 02, 2008 21:44

I know this one!

In your skins/_item_content.inc.php file you will find this:

// URL link, if the post has one:
		$Item->url_link( array(
				'before'        => $params['before_url_link'],
				'after'         => $params['after_url_link'],
				'text_template' => '$url$',
				'url_template'  => '$url$',
				'target'        => '',
				'podcast'       => '#',        // auto display mp3 player if post type is podcast (=> false, to disable)
			) );

So copy that file to your skins/yourskin/ folder, then remove that section. Alternatively you can remove it from the copy in the skins/ folder and affect every skin that uses it because ... you know ... it looks for files in a specific skin folder first then uses the generic skins folder if it can't find it.

6 Mar 04, 2008 00:59

Now let me get this right by the numbers:
1.Goto skins/_item_content.inc.php & copy that entire file;
2.Paste it to skins/evocamp/ (which I am using);
3.In skins/evocamp/_item_content.inc.php, edit & remove:
// URL link, if the post has one:
$Item->url_link( array(
'before' => $params['before_url_link'],
'after' => $params['after_url_link'],
'text_template' => '$url$',
'url_template' => '$url$',
'target' => '',
'podcast' => '#', // auto display mp3 player if post type is podcast (=> false, to disable)
) );
4. And finally save the remaining file as skins/evocamp/_item_content.inc.php in the skins/evocamp folder.
Let me know if my interpretation is correct & much, much thanks.

7 Mar 04, 2008 01:16

Yup. Your evocamp skin will then find the new file before it finds the one it currently uses, and will then not show the "Link: whatever" bit.

8 Mar 04, 2008 01:20

Thanks much, EdB.

Form is loading...