Recent Topics

1 Mar 06, 2008 15:57    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

when I go to blog settings --> widgets to attempt to edit the side bar of my blog (which incidentally was just updated from 1.8.5 where I was familiar with just editing the php directly) once I click the widget tab the browser page goes blank. page source = nothing blank. Not even the surrounding admin page just blankness. The same thing happens when I try to choose it from the admin dashboard also.

as far as I'm aware the install and database upgrade went fine, is there some feature I need to turn on before I can use the widgets from that tab? I've searched all over here and I'm getting the feeling its something simple that I'm just missing.

3 Mar 06, 2008 16:48

I'm sorry I forgot to post that part.. I did edit the advanced to

// If you get blank pages, PHP may be crashing because it doesn't have enough memory.
// The default is 8 MB (in PHP < 5.2) and 128 MB (in PHP > 5.2)
// Try uncommmenting the following line:
ini_set( 'memory_limit', '32M' );

I also followed the next logical option

I made all the changes you asked for and nothing happened

Go to backoffice -> Tools -> (Misc) -> and hit the "Delete Prerendered Item Cache" link. 

Nothing changed and the widget tab is the only one that does it, and it does it on every blog I try to access it from also.

4 Mar 06, 2008 17:20

Hi Nina,

What does Dashboard -> Tools -> System say about PHP memory_limit?

5 Mar 06, 2008 17:23

says 32M in pretty 'I did it right' green. :)

6 Mar 06, 2008 17:50

Hi Nina,

I don't have time today, but I am sure one of the others can have a look at your blog. Can you provide us a link?

7 Mar 06, 2008 17:52

sure - http://www.mysticalkoala.com/blogs/

everything is working fine, I just want to edit the side bars there and thought I'd give the widget thing a shot rather than manually editing the code, as everything is moved around and different in the 2.x version compared to my old one.

8 Mar 07, 2008 03:54

It seems it was something incredibly simple. The widget folder in \inc didnt upload correctly, even after I reuploaded the entire file structure again when the problem started.

Thanks for trying anyway Afwas. =)

9 Mar 07, 2008 04:07

Oh wow I was just about to say "maybe the widget files in inc didn't upload properly even after trying again".

Glad you got it resolved, and thanks for reporting the solution!

Form is loading...