Recent Topics

1 Mar 21, 2008 18:33    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey - I don't know too much about b2evolution or php - I'm a fairly new user of the program. I installed the program via my cpanel, and it has worked well for two or three months, but then recently it started giving me an error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/beanblos/public_html/brittany/inc/MODEL/items/_itemlist.class.php on line 195

The account is nowhere close to exceeding the bandwidth allowed to it, so I don't think it's a problem on the webhost side of things (at least not one that I know of). Does anyone have any idea about what is going on and how to fix it? I really appreciate any help you can give.

2 Mar 21, 2008 19:13

It's a problem on the webhost side of things ;)

What the deal is is that your ... uh ... technical sounding something is out of memory. Memory for PHP to do it's thing with I'm pretty sure, but I don't know what it's called other than "memory". I'll bet you just added a plugin, or maybe changed to a complicated skin, but I'll go with added a plugin.

Search the forums for stuff like "memory limit" or maybe (here's one straight out of your post) "Fatal error allowed memory exhausted". Eventually ... in fact fairly quickly you'll find out that what you need to do is up your memory. I'd tell you how to do that but (a) I don't know how because I never had to fix mine and (b) that'd take all the fun out of searching the forums.

And hey welcome to the forums!

PS: got a link to your blog, or are you on the internet because you don't want anyone to see your website?

3 Mar 21, 2008 20:32

hey - thanks for the reply.

Ah, okay... guess i'll do some searching and see if I can figure something out. The odd thing is that I haven't updated anything on my blog for several days - haven't added a skin since I made the blog. Never added any plugins. It just decided to quit working randomly. Gotta love that.

Ah, yes, I meant to post a link, but it slipped my mind.
http://brittany.beanblossomcreations.com

4 Mar 21, 2008 21:30

hmmm.... usually something precedes a change in state yah? Anyway for sure you should be able to find several posts that talk about this problem. Might even be a stickypost up top? It's got something to do with php.ini or ask your host if you don't have access to php.ini and maybe there is a way with .htaccess to up your memory limit. Generally 8 megs is just not enough anymore. 16 megs feels like the effective minimum, but really I'm just guessing.

Good luck with it!

Form is loading...