Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2008 07:06    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I have my own server (ubuntu) where b2 is installed. when installed, it's access via internal address. after installation, the whole blogs/ directory is moved to domain's document root.

When trying to login from the domain, I get this error

Either you have not enabled cookies or this login window has expired.

And when trying to click the link emailed via 'lost password' link, I get this:

You have to use the same session (by means of your session cookie) as when you have requested the action. Please try again...

I have checked that cookies are enabled.

If I move the blogs/ directory back to where it was installed, login proceeded.

I know I didn't exactly follow the installation instruction - which is installtion directly from the domain. I have tried to installed this way with V2 beta versions without any problems. This is my first install with V241.

I can always try to re-install from the domain, but I'm concerned if I need to rearrange my file structure on the server, I might run into this problem again.

2 Mar 22, 2008 07:40

conf/_basic_config.php file :: $baseurl value needs to reflect the new path.

* This is only a guess. If this had been an actual answer you would not be asking yourself what is the color when black is burned.

Oh hey welcome to the forums!

3 Mar 22, 2008 10:01

Yes, $baseurl is updated to the actual domain after installation.

4 Mar 22, 2008 10:15

To reply to my own post, I think I have discovered what's causing the problem. Cookies - cookieb2evosession. But not sure how to fix it.

I already have a b2evo site, say domain.com. This site I just installed is using subdomain of the main site, eg sub.domain.com. So what I believe is, the new site with subdomain is trying to access the cookie set by domain.com.

So, basically I cannot login the new subdomain site unless I logged out of the main site.

What is the best way to fix this?

5 Mar 22, 2008 10:20

/conf/_advanced.php wander down the file a bit and change $instance_name ;)

¥

6 Mar 22, 2008 10:41

Thanks! Problem fixed! :D

7 Apr 10, 2008 14:46

Yabba,

What should be $instance_name be? Right now mine is set to the default "b2evo".

Everything was working fine on my site last week, but today I can no longer login.

Thanks,

RocketDude

8 Apr 10, 2008 16:29

change it to "fubar" or some other memorable and witty word, you'll then need to login but hopefully it'll stick

¥

9 May 08, 2008 02:28

¥åßßå wrote:

/conf/_advanced.php wander down the file a bit and change $instance_name ;)

¥

after having the 2nd b2evo install on the same domain, i had the same problem, changing the instance name solved it , thank you ¥åßßå (:

Form is loading...