Recent Topics

1 Mar 22, 2008 11:09    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi All
i am using the latest version 2.4.0-rc2

I want to allow users to post edit their own posts without accessing any other admin area settings.

How can i do it?

is there a plugin to do so?

please help
site:
www.shafey.net

thank u

2 Mar 22, 2008 17:42

activator wrote:

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Hi All
i am using the latest version 2.4.0-rc2

I want to allow users to post edit their own posts without accessing any other admin area settings.

How can i do it?

is there a plugin to do so?

please help
site:
www.shafey.net

thank u

to "allow users to post edit their own posts without accessing any other admin area settings" you can allow or restrict admin areas in "Backoffice/blog settings/group perms " , just click on your default users group and edit it ...

http://i30.tinypic.com/qs8itf.jpg

and to allow them post , edit their own post only and the other permissions,;

go to Backoffice//Blog Settings//Features tab;
scroll down to the bottom and you will see "multiple users" option , check the "Use advanced perms:" turn it on.

now go back to : Backoffice//Blog Settings//Group Perms

http://i27.tinypic.com/34i4u2x.jpg

3 Mar 27, 2008 15:53

Please, how can I do that on 1.10.03?

4 Mar 27, 2008 16:14

Hi sobrenada. Best bet: upgrade to 241 and rebuild your skin even though it's not easy and you might lose a detail or two in the process. One of the better improvements in 241 is the way bloggers can be "locked out" of accessing other people's stuff ... and settings they don't need.

5 Mar 27, 2008 16:20

Hey, EdB. I was trying to NOT upgrade, but it seems the PROs are bigger than CONs.

I'm just afraid of problems and data loss on the upgrade process. But I will try. Thanks for the advices.

6 Mar 27, 2008 16:25

Problems there may be, but dataloss should NOT happen. Please be sure to make a backup of your files and database before you begin upgrading because if you don't you will certainly need them.

Oh and if you have problems don't hesitate to come back and ask for some help.

Form is loading...