Recent Topics

1 Mar 24, 2008 14:34    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I want to include a .php file in a post. is it possible to post dynamic content?

2 Mar 24, 2008 14:36

No,

This is asked before and the answer is always: no.

Good luck

3 Mar 27, 2008 01:59

argysh,

If you are good with PHP, and depending on what you are trying to do, you may create a skin that has an

<include "myfile.php> type of thing. of course, this is not supported.

Inside the myFile.php, then you can do what you need to do. This is how I'm doing my left-column in my site.

It is really not dynamic as in "pulling data from a db", but it's an idea.

4 Mar 27, 2008 05:17

Edgar,

This is fine in the sidebar or between the header and the post section or just before the footer, but will not work within posts.

Good luck

5 Mar 27, 2008 10:08

Argysh could you provide an example where you need dynamic content in a post? Generally speaking, the answer to "use php in a post" will always be NO, but I'm curious as to *what* you want to accomplish. Heck the very idea of posting in a blog is that they content itself is reasonably static even if the whole page around it changes - like after the next post and so on and so on. So it sort of goes against the grain of blogging to have a blog post that will change day by day or hour by hour due to some sort of dynamic content in it, but still I remain curious about your desired product.

Form is loading...