Recent Topics

1 Mar 25, 2008 01:03    

I've just instaled b2evolution and had this problem:

I can see the blogs just fine, it seems there is no problem with the MySQL, but when I click on ANY option of the admin bar I get this error:

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

Warning: require_once(/misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php on line 33

I'm a total n00b, I have no idea what that means... what does that mean?? I tried to errease all and re intsall but I get the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

2 Mar 25, 2008 05:28

try cahnging your admin skin.. if it doesnt work just delete that line 33 that will do :)

3 Mar 25, 2008 07:09

Thank you so much for your help, and I'm sorry to keep asking, but, how do I do that, change my admin skin??

Again, infinite thanks!

4 Mar 25, 2008 07:20

Hi paranoicpurple,

Welcome to the forums.

Do try to change the skin, that will help us clarify the cause of your error. Changing is easy, see the screenshot. Currently you use the 'Chicago' skin. Please report to this topic if the other skins work without an error.

http://www.blog.hemminga.net/B2evoforum/ChangeAdminSkin.png

Good luck

5 Mar 31, 2008 11:10

First of all, thanks a lot for all your responses,

Aparently, I don't have such menu for skins changes, I have no idea why...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/youkisagara/no-menu.jpg

and the mentioned files (skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php), I do have them in the right place. I have no idea what the error is...

6 Mar 31, 2008 11:24

error wrote:

/misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/soulmate_corvus/skins_adm/chicago/../_adminUI_general.class.php

It's looking for the main class ;)

Best thing to do is to grab a fresh copy of the zip and re-upload the whole of /skins_adm/
¥

7 Mar 31, 2008 13:17

Done, but I get almost the same problem :

Also, I've tried to reinstall several times with no results... The only slightly different thing I from the normal Installation is that my server isn't 'localhost'. Other than that, Is the very same process...

Warning: require_once() [function.require-once]: Unable to access /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/admin.php on line 163

Warning: require_once(/misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/admin.php on line 163

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/skins_adm/chicago/_adminUI.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /misc/25/000/001/042/9/user/web/egregora.net/corvus/admin.php on line 163

:'(

EDIT//

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/youkisagara/path.png
Aparently, the files it can't found are there, in the right place

8 Mar 31, 2008 18:33

Your error has moved though, which really points at not enough memory or a bunch of corrupted files.

What happens if you download a fresh copy from a different mirror, and try creating a new blog in a sub folder, or subdomain on the same server?

¥

9 Mar 31, 2008 20:59

I downloaded it once again and installed it in new folders, with new or the same mySQL databases and I still get the same (the second error, I mean)...

10 Apr 01, 2008 12:13

Just for giggles try upping your memory limit ( /conf/_advanced.php )

¥

11 Apr 09, 2008 05:19

Ok, done (at least I think so...)

but I still get the same errors! :'( I've installed some other php/mySQL programs and they run fine, Is it something of my host?? I don't now what to do...

12 Apr 09, 2008 10:39

What version of PHP are you running?
What version of zend are you running ?
Is your host godaddy by any chance?

You can check php/zend by looking at your phpinfo()

¥

13 Apr 10, 2008 18:21

Is your host godaddy by any chance?
No, is bravenet,,,

I'm sorry, how should I my phpinfo()?

My PHO Configuration says:

Alternative PHP Cache (APC)
and the other options are:
Zend Optimiser
or
No Optimizer

14 Apr 15, 2008 08:43

Please, somebody help me... I've done it a million times, even in another domain, I don't know what the problem is, and I really want to use b2evolution..! Other php sistems and blogs seem to give no problem at all, so it must be something of the files and not the memory...?

The pointed line is this :
require_once $adminskins_path.$admin_skin.'/_adminUI.class.php';

15 Apr 15, 2008 15:01

paranoicpurple wrote:

Please, somebody help me... I've done it a million times, even in another domain, I don't know what the problem is, and I really want to use b2evolution..! Other php sistems and blogs seem to give no problem at all, so it must be something of the files and not the memory...?

The pointed line is this :
require_once $adminskins_path.$admin_skin.'/_adminUI.class.php';

you really have to try changing your admin skin, -as far as i get from your typos i assume your are turkish, if so you may pm me in turkish-

since your installation is already new, you may want to give out your admin password to one of these moderators, who wants to help you

16 Apr 15, 2008 16:52

Since my installation doesn't seem to have the AdminSkins menu, should I do it manually? I don't know how to...

I will! I won't mind setting an ftp account, or several mySql databases to test them, I just want to solve it.

tilqicom wrote:

-as far as i get from your typos i assume your are turkish, if so you may pm me in turkish-

I'm afraid I'm not :oops:
But thanks for trying to help me... I really appreciate!

17 Apr 15, 2008 16:59

If you want to, PM me the login you use to get to your webspace with your host. Do you have cpanel with them? I would then try to find some time to tinker inside your space and see if we can make this run. Even better would be both your webserver login and an FTP account, but the web server access is enough to get by with.

BTW I have another shift at my job still this week so I can't promise immediately to act on this, but if you don't get it done soon enough then I will jump in and see what I can see.

18 Apr 15, 2008 17:14

I will! I'll just make a clean space and PM you all the information.!

It's no problem, no problem at all! If it can (may) be fixed, I won't mind waiting!

19 Apr 16, 2008 00:51

EdB wrote:

If you want to, PM me the login you use to get to your webspace with your host.

there you go, a volunteer ..you are lucky ;).. making a fresh install and giving ur details to edb is a good idea.. a professional like him would deal with it easily..good luck..cheers

20 Apr 16, 2008 15:45

I've send all the information of both my host and the ftp! I hope the PM did arrive.

My! Thank you so much! I honestly didn't knew how I would fix it by myself only by board answers, and then you suggested it and someone did wanted to help me...! :happytear:

22 Apr 17, 2008 03:18

Professional my arse! I'm a bored keyboard junkie is all.

hudson2001 the problems are related somehow. I see in your error messages in the other thread that ... well ... it is looking for a path that just can't be. I think that's a clue on both of these issues even though paranoicpurple doesn't have the same "visually impossible" path that it is breaking down at. I think for some reason paranoicpurple's is also wrong but I can't see where or why. Yet.

paranoicpurple don't go changing anything for a while. I hate like hell to play in someone else's space and have them traipsing about like they own it even though they do. Check your PM as one of the access logins you gave me doesn't get me anywhere.

hudson2001 save your energy regarding uploading and all that crap as it's not going to answer any questions. Anyway instead of cross-answering I'll go over there and ask you to send me all your login credentials.

23 Apr 17, 2008 04:18

I did, and resend the information. Also, if the ftp doesn't fully work, please change it at will.

Ok, I won't change anything. I'll keep on the minimum of the site.

24 Apr 17, 2008 04:21

One down, one to go. Sorry paranoicpurple but hudson2001's solution happened first.

Hey don't tell her how I did it, but wow it was easy ;) lemme go rub it in over in the other thread then I'll see if I can fix yours the same way ... and rub it in over here too :)

25 Apr 17, 2008 04:28

Not at all, it's great! : D After tons of stress it's sudenly all gone!!
Hopefully my problem will be the same problem.

Please go! : D

26 Apr 17, 2008 04:29

BOOM!

I feel like trojan man... "My work here is done so have fun (wink wink)"

No file changes other than uploading your entire skins_adm folder after deleting that folder from your server.

27 Apr 17, 2008 04:41

My! Really??

Ah trojan man! How could I repay this, after you've saved my people (population 1) of days and night of incomprehension and distress, of lifes without past or present (at least registered ones), of going back to the dark pits of other blogs???

Then, if I wanted to install another one, should I delete the folder and replace it with the one I downloaded, or with another one?? 8|

28 Apr 17, 2008 04:46

Perhaps what I just posted on the similar thread will help you see an answer to your question?

The Almighty EdB wrote:

Just a bit of wrapup I wanted to cover before I forget...

Different FTP programs and different host tools (including auto-installers of stuff) will produce different date stamps on the uploaded files. Sometimes the date will be "right now" and sometimes the date will be the file creation date. Even file creation date can be different because sometimes it can be "date unzipped" and sometimes it can be "date of file inside the zip package".

Here's a strange but true example: when I use WinMerge to compare files if I tell it "copy from right to left" at the directory level then the left side gets the exact same time stamp as the right side. If I open that file and then tell it to copy right to left and save it then the left side gets "right now". So even within one program I can get different date stamps on the same file with what 'sounds like' the same activity.

Okay so here is why I'm re-replying: sometimes FTP clients and host tools might or might not over-write an existing file if the existing file is newer than the one you're trying to upload. I told my FTP client (FileZilla) to do exactly that so I can "upload" an entire folder knowing that it will only actually upload the one file I changed. I also told FileZilla to make the datestamp on the server match the datestamp on my computer because I can...

Anyway long story short: "upload this or that" REALLY means (a) download the package you want to upload again (b) unzip it on your computer (c) delete the files from your server that you want to replace and (d) upload the files from the fresh unzip you just made. IF you go through that and are not successful then you have to ask yourself "did I download from a different mirror (meaning source of the actual zip package) and "did I use the same unzip tool as last time" and "did I upload using the same FTP program or host-provided method" because any of those details could be where a file corruption comes in. IF file corruption is the problem. In this case I suspect it was because all I did was replace the skins_adm folder and the admin.php page started working.

It is slow and cumbersome and often needs multiple folders on your desktop and possibly learning new tools to do something with, but when you need to replace a "it might be bonked" file you need to know that the file(s) got replaced and somehow know that whatever bonked it is out of the equation.

I will double-post this answer on the other similar thread even though double-posters piss me off.

In other words: I don't know if there is an easy answer to your question. All I know is if you think about every tiny little bit that MIGHT bonk a file then you will see why a simple answer is a recipe for disaster.

29 Apr 17, 2008 04:57

Ok, I'll try my best to work trough it. I'll just experiment with some things to see where this bonk problem started, because I do like to unzip and keep and don't touch it until I need it, so that makes the options a ittle smaller.

Still, is there anything I can do to repay this help ?

30 Apr 17, 2008 05:05

paranoicpurple wrote:

... Still, is there anything I can do to repay this help ?

Yeah sure. "give what you got" meaning you got free help with a problem so one day do the same. Doesn't matter if it's in b2evolution land or not yah? Like for example if you got a hot sister you could send her over my way ;)

Form is loading...