Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2008 22:02    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hi,

first of all I have to say, that I'm an absolutely evo beginner.
My task is to set up blogs for three teams. Most of the posts will be relevant for all three teams and should be accessable for all of them. But some posts should be only visible for the teammembers of each team.

How could this be done?

Thanks
b2fan

2 Mar 27, 2008 22:17

Hi b2fan. So ... uh ... we can thank you for keeping b2evo so cool? Fan - get it? Fans cool things off? okay never mind.

So this sounds simple. 3 blogs, probably 4 and maybe more, but let's start with 3. Blogs 1 and 2 and 3 are for each team, with each team member being a "member" of those blogs. They can all post in them of course, and most importantly: they understand what "protected" post means. So they post stuff in their blog. The entire universe, or at least the part hooked up to the internet, can see all three blogs and all posts that are "published" in all three blogs. ONLY "members of the blog" can see posts that are "protected", and since only team members are members of the blog you've established that bit of control with the greatest of ease.

Now ... you might want a fourth blog to use as an aggregator blog for the first three and to use as your installation's default blog. No one posts in it but it gets all posts from the 3 blogs you aggregate into it. Including the protected ones, but still only "members of the blog" will be able to see them.

Then ... you might want a fifth and sixth and seventh blog to use as linkblogs for the 3 team blogs. And maybe an eighth for the aggregator blog. Or maybe just one blog to use as a linkblog for the three blogs and the fourth aggregator blog. Or maybe any combination of whatever you can envision.

Pretty slick yah?

3 Mar 28, 2008 11:59

Thanks EdB!

To allow cross-posting I set the value in the admin.php to 2. I could see, cross-posting works only for users in the default admin group. So I believe the group need the option "full access" in the blogging permissions. Is this right? Can I define which blogs should be displayed for cross-posting?

If I try to change the option from "View all blogs" to "Full access" I get following error message:

MySQL error!

Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'grp_perm_bypass_antispam' at row 1(Errno=1366)
Your query: DataObject::dbupdate()
UPDATE evo_groups SET grp_perm_blogs = 'editall' , grp_perm_bypass_antispam = '' , grp_perm_xhtml_css_tweaks = '' , grp_perm_xhtml_iframes = '' , grp_perm_xhtml_javascript = '' , grp_perm_xhtml_objects = '' , grp_perm_templates = 0
WHERE grp_ID = 2

Is this a known bug? Iuse version 2.4.1

Regards
b2fan

Our blog runs in a restricted area so I can't post the URL

4 Mar 28, 2008 12:31

It might be a bug. I've set up cross posting on my blog just because, but I don't use group permissions for anything so I would have to work on it to attempt to duplicate the problem.

Do you need cross-posting? Wait a minute... cross posting across multiple categories or multiple blogs? Multiple categories is normal. Multiple blogs is the one I don't use, and the one I wonder if you really need it or not.

Okay since you're talking about a method to select which blogs can be cross-posted I'll assume you mean multiple blogs. It should work and I'm not sure you need it, but I'll see about duplicating the bug. Anyway the permissions for each group/user SHOULD control what blogs can be cross-posted into.

5 Mar 28, 2008 12:56

I just set up my "Bloggers" group with cross posting across multiple blogs by going to 2 different blogs and enabling "Use advanced perms" then on the group permissions sub-tab click "simple" then "publisher" for that group. Do it to more than one blog and a member of that group can cross post across multiple blogs (admin.php option 2).

What do you mean by "full access"? I'm not seeing an option called that is the thing.

6 Mar 28, 2008 20:24

EdB wrote:

Hi b2fan. So ... uh ... we can thank you for keeping b2evo so cool? Fan - get it? Fans cool things off? okay never mind.

:)

7 Apr 02, 2008 22:10

I changed the the setting in the admin.php and now crosspostings between blogs works. But one problem I'm still have. Members of blog 1 should be able to post in blog 2 (which is now possible), but they should't see the protected posts in blog 2. I tried a lot of permission settings, but without success.

Is this possible?

Regards b2fan

8 Apr 03, 2008 00:27

*Anything* is possible, but with the world the way it is: no. Basically by making someone a member of the blog they get treated like a member of the blog. And members can see protected posts.

You would have to hack it pretty good to make it so that they could cross-post to another blog but not be able to actually see that blog.

9 Apr 03, 2008 12:27

Thanks!

ok..if it is to hack I've no chance to do it :'(

b2fan

Form is loading...