Recent Topics

1 Mar 27, 2008 19:36    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

I'm using the latest version of b2evo plus the nautica_2lmar skin. It looks pretty, but I need to link to a couple of pages outside the blog, e.g., a coppermine gallery. It would be nice if I could add appropriate items to the main menu. I've tried to find a widget to offer me this option, but in vain! Does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks for your time!

2 Mar 27, 2008 19:52

A link to your blog is always a good idea because not everyone knows all about all the skins yah?

So what is the widget in what container that makes the bit you're calling a "main menu"? Lots of widgets can be replaced with other widgets or made to do strange and different things, but without know what you're dealing with it's hard to say. And a link tells us a heck of about your situation is the thing.

3 Mar 27, 2008 21:38

I have to admit that I'm a little shy, you're right :oops: ;)
But if it helps to bring me a little closer to a solution, here we go:

http://www.konstanzerfasnacht.de/PM08B2/blogs/index.php

I'm still working on it, only added some early postings from the last couple of years. Now what I want to have are some menu buttons on top of the site like those which are linking to "English", "Deutsch", "Home" and "Contact". I was looking desperately for an option in my admin area which says something like that: "new menu item" - "add URL". So far without luck.

Hope now you get a better idea of my situation?

4 Mar 27, 2008 22:30

Okay so that's pretty straightforward looking. I wish I had a clue about this instead of always guessing my way through to solutions, but here we go again... Looks like in your "Menu" container you have the 'Public Blog List' and 'Menu Links' widgets. Looks like on the "English" blog you also have something else that seems to be an empty widget - which explains the small gap between the tabs and the image. The gap is coming from an empty P tag that I can see when I view source. So you got an extra widget in that container in that blog yah?

Here's what I would try: use the Free HTML widget in that container, knowing that the Menu container likes things to be LI tags. So you add a Free HTML widget after your Menu Links widget with something like this in it:

<li><a href="http://wonderwinds.com/">Cool Guy</a></li>
<li><a href="http://wonderwinds.com/hackblog.php">Cool Hacks</a></li>

The Menu container already takes care of the UL tags for the LIs that you will add, so there you have it. I'm pretty sure this will work for you.

5 Mar 28, 2008 13:51

You're indeed a "cool guy". It works and I never thought it would be THAT easy. What would I do without guys like you out there in the net who lend newbies a helping hand! :D

6 Apr 01, 2008 19:31

chris-j-d wrote:

You're indeed a "cool guy". It works and I never thought it would be THAT easy. What would I do without guys like you out there in the net who lend newbies a helping hand! :D

so true so true

7 Dec 01, 2008 22:55

excellent - this helped me too!

Form is loading...