Recent Topics

1 Mar 29, 2008 03:00    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

On my blog, www.comiclist.com , when it was 1.9.2, the first blog had no posts or categories of it's own. It was "home" blog that had content from all the other blogs. Even so, my Google adsense ads were able to understand the topic of the site, and featured appropriate ads.

Now that I've upgraded to 2.4.1, that's no longer so. When you go to individual posts, which means you are on a sub blog, the ads are comic book oriented. But on the "home page," the ads are very generic.

Any idea why?

EDIT: Sorry, I should have posted this in the general help section.

2 Apr 03, 2008 07:38

I'm only guessing, but the small changes in the URLs are probably the reason. Near as I can tell, google and other search engines see blogs differently when the URL changes, so it'll take a bit of time for them to catch up. Therefore I'd wonder if you're still seeing this as a problem, or if google seems to be on the ball again.

3 Apr 03, 2008 11:46

Well, I don't know, as upon my wife's suggestion, I removed the Google ads from the "home page" as she believed they were turning off potential readers.

I just added them temporarily back to the home page and they worked fine, so you are correct.

Form is loading...