Recent Topics

1 Mar 31, 2008 03:39    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

I am still using 1.10.2. Do I need to download every upgrade and run it or is there a way to do just one?

2 Mar 31, 2008 04:20

just install the latest one

3 Mar 31, 2008 09:39

BTW it's a good ... great idea to EMPTY your hitlog and sessions tables before you upgrade just in case they're big enough to make your server cry. It's easy to do - just go to phpmyadmin via (typically) cpanel, select the appropriate database, check the box next to those tables, then select EMPTY from the drop-down menu.

Heck you might want to throw in basedomains and useragents just because it won't hurt at all, but for sure hitlog and sessions can be a problem if they're really big.

And always make a backup of your files and database BEFORE you begin your upgrade process.

4 Apr 01, 2008 03:34

Thanks. Done. Now how do I reinstall the skin I was using? It says the containers are empty.

5 Apr 01, 2008 04:27

delete the skin from your ftp directory /skins/your skin..

and re upload your skin , then go to Backoffice >global settings>skins install , then click + new install button..

just to mention, just uploading and overwriting existing files would do good

6 Apr 01, 2008 05:01

Still happening. I get this error:

The skin [nautica_2lg] set for blog [MI Fans] does not exist. It must be properly set in the blog properties or properly overriden in a stub file.

I try to set it in the blog properties but it's not letting me.

7 Apr 01, 2008 13:56

A skin from 1.* simply won't work in 2.* installations. You will have to either upgrade your skin or pick one that exists for the 2.* generation.

8 Apr 05, 2008 20:37

Okay, now I'm getting this error:

Sub template [nautica_2l/_html_header.inc.php] not found.
User level 10 help info: [/home/rayhne/public_html/b2blog/skins/nautica_2l/nautica_2l/_html_header.inc.php]

I downloaded the skins new from here (2.0 versions) and getting errors. And I end up with some weird stuff/formatting at the top.

9 Apr 05, 2008 20:44

Looks like you copied the contents of the /nautica_2l/ folder too high. Delete what you got and upload again. Watch carefully where you upload the folder.

Good luck

10 Apr 05, 2008 20:46

I've looked at it and that file isn't even there.

11 Apr 05, 2008 20:49

In that case you must delete the blog from within the Dashboard. Go to Global settings -> Skins install and delete Nautica 2l. Then upload the folder to the /skins/ folder on the server and install the skin again.

Good luck

Form is loading...