Recent Topics

1 Apr 07, 2008 10:46    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi everyone,
most of my users are "basic" users who can only comment on posts and "are not member" as i will have some protected posts on my blogs.
they cannot though change their password in this way. what permission should i give them so that they can change their password but still be not members? is this possible?
thanks!

2 Apr 07, 2008 12:33

Hi anna

My default user which came with the installed 'Mr Demo', is a 'basic user'. He has the name demouser and I changed the password to dechat.

Try it at eu.rogerlovejou.eu.

amoun

EDIT

There is no reason why you can't have a user as a member and make the posts you want to hide as protected.

Maybe the user has to be a member to be able to change the password.

3 Apr 07, 2008 18:17

anna19051980 wrote:

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

hi everyone,
most of my users are "basic" users who can only comment on posts and "are not member" as i will have some protected posts on my blogs.
they cannot though change their password in this way. what permission should i give them so that they can change their password but still be not members? is this possible?
thanks!

why do you worry about the protected posts of yours.. even if they are not protected they can not edit them.. (if you dont want them even to see, then post hidden)

4 Apr 08, 2008 16:18

anna19051980 I'm pretty sure you can "allow access to back office" for users without making them a member of any blog. That way they will have access to their profile page, but pretty much nothing else. Sorry but I don't know off the top of my head which subtab you will find that feature on. Probably somewhere under "Global settings" is my best guess at the moment.

5 Apr 08, 2008 16:21

Go to Users and click the usergroup you want to edit.

Good luck

Form is loading...