Recent Topics

1 Apr 08, 2008 16:57    

I am manipulating the kubrick skin on my blog, and I'm thinking about starting that css file from scratch. I don't like how all the sidebar stuff is EVERYWHERE!

Anyway, has anyone made two sidebars on this skin? I found that since I wasn't using the top_menu container, i decided to take it out of the header div and change the parameters to match those of the sidebar. then i opened up the css file and copied everything that said sidebar over to say leftbar. now i have a second sidebar to which i can add widgets. the css is very primitive, but that's because i just started this project, and now that it works at least enough to view my blog, i REALLY need to get my taxes done. whoops!

http://henry.blogsite.org/

2 Apr 08, 2008 22:53

Sidebar one shows up on top of the main content rather than left of it.
Sidebar two shows up on bottom of the main content rather than left of it.

Other than that...

3 Apr 10, 2008 01:53

merely some browser discrepancies in my css. the point was that i was wondering if anyone had pulled that out and turned it into another sidebar. i was kind of hoping that someone did, so i could take a look at his or her css, as my css is quite elementary. i'll have to do some research now that my taxes are done.

5 Apr 10, 2008 02:03

Aw crap when I split this off I bonked it up several times and eventually lost my actual reply.

Do a google for "kubrick header image" or something like that and eventually you will find a 3 column kubrick for wordpress. They went way different than you did: it has three columns under one header image that scrolls with the whole page, and the image is way shorter than the current 2 column header image.

Personally I find your approach nicer, but really it's barely related to kubrick anymore. Although dropping one sidebar and not using the space for anything is silly. You should expand your content when you are on a single post page. To me anyway.

I also like how the sidebars are static and the center scrolls.

7 Apr 12, 2008 22:09

i've only had time to play with the main page. i appreciate all the feedback and help. my next step is to put the sidebar back into the single page, but off to the side like the main page. i'd like to make all the pages look like the main page now, and then format the css so that everything starts to look sharp. unfortunately ed, i can't keep the sidebars fixed since it doesn't work in inferior browsers, and i'd like to cater to as many as possible. i also have an extreme distaste for managing multiple style sheets for different browsers.

Form is loading...