Recent Topics

1 Apr 16, 2008 02:32    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.0-rc2

A while back I got spammed big time. I have hundreds of trackback comments. How can I delete them all? It is very tedious to click delete on each one and then say ok to the javascript confirmation pop up.

2 Apr 16, 2008 09:20

You can use PhpMyAdmin to delete all comments of type trackback.

¥

3 Apr 20, 2008 05:04

I would like to disable the trackback feature. Also I would like to add an anti-spam feature to the comment feature. Any suggestions? I am very new to b2evo and php.

Thanks.
- ecology

5 May 16, 2008 23:51

Help! Some of my posts have hundreds of existing spam trackbacks. How can I automatically select and delete these spam?

Many thanks,
ecology

6 May 17, 2008 00:21

I have managed to delete some existing trackbacks by adding banned words to antispam but it is slow going.

7 May 17, 2008 01:33

I'd try what ¥åßßå suggested:

Hit phpMyAdmin and go to the SQL pane ...

DELETE from 'evo_comments'
WHERE 'comment_type' = 'trackback'

All yer trackback spam is *poof* gone :D

8 May 21, 2008 01:23

Thanks, but I haven't tried that solution because I don't know how to get to PhpMyAdmin. I appreciate your direction.

Thanks.
ecology

9 May 21, 2008 01:32

Found php myadmin and sql but

DELETE from 'evo_comments'
WHERE 'comment_type' = 'trackback'

is incorrect code. I am using MySQL client version: 4.1.22.

10 May 21, 2008 01:45

Yes! I found help in the MySQL 5.0 manual and here is the correct code: DELETE FROM evo_comments WHERE comment_type = 'trackback'.

Thanks stk.

- ecology

11 May 21, 2008 01:49

no worries ... seems odd that it was tossing errors b/c of single quotes (code looks the same, minus those). Then again ... the mySQL stuff does seem to be picky.

Glad you got it sorted. :D

12 May 23, 2008 17:05

It is probably due to the 2 different types of single quotes available on a keyboard. Surrounding the field name, phpmyadmin likes to see the ones that come from the key on the left of the numbers across the top of the keyboard. The key with the tilda on it, which is what I think that thing is called. ~ and ` on the same key. For the value name, phpmyadmin likes the traditional single quote character that looks like ' which hopefully will be different in this post.

13 Dec 26, 2009 18:17

This post should be stickied. I enabled trackback because it sounded helpful. Next time I checked the email there was 1000 trackback spams.

Deleting those one at a time was giving me a really bad attitude towards the blog software.

Now they are all gone with that MySql command

DELETE FROM evo_comments
WHERE comment_type = 'trackback'

Form is loading...