Recent Topics

1 Apr 16, 2008 04:10    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

So I finally have someone helping me test the protected post category and they are not able to see the posts in this category after logging in.

2 Apr 16, 2008 09:18

A user needs to be a member of a blog before they can see protected posts ;)

¥

3 Apr 17, 2008 01:56

I guess I don't understand the difference then between registering and being a member of a blog??? How do I make them blog members??

4 Apr 17, 2008 10:24

The easiest way is to add the users group as members in admin > blog settings > [blog] > group permissions ..... if you don't see that tab then you'll need to enable "advance perms" ( or whatever it's called) in admin > blog settings > [blog] > features ( scroll down to the bottom of the screen )

¥

5 Apr 21, 2008 03:59

Okay thank I think I've got it now!

7 Apr 23, 2008 08:08

and are your testers looking at the articles on journal.php, or are they looking at index.php ?

For them to see protected posts on the 'all' blog, they need to be member of that all blog;

btw, it's not needed to make your users AND your groups member. Only the groups is enough. But it can't hurt

8 Apr 23, 2008 18:15

index.php as they are just going to the main blog page (only blog).
I even linked her directly to one of the posts with it's permalink and she couldn't see it.
I created a test account for myself to use also.

9 Apr 23, 2008 19:00

and they are member of blog all, right ?

10 Apr 23, 2008 19:46

Nope but they are NOW so I'll let you know if that fixes it.

Thanks for your patience :)

11 May 14, 2008 04:11

That didn't fix it either :(

12 Jun 03, 2008 04:18

So fiddling around I discovered that if the user logs in to the back office and filters posts by the Protected category, they can read. This is not how I thought this feature worked. I thought they would see the posts on the main page of the blog just like the other posts.

I also had to move them to 'blogger' from 'basic' even after giving them membership. I assume this is so they can log in to the back office, which again makes me think this feature should work differently.

13 Jun 03, 2008 16:58

You're right: they should not have to use the back office to see the 'protected' content. So let's double-check everything before trying something drastic.

The posts are actually "protected" and not private or deprecated.

You, as admin, can see the posts out there in the publicly available blog.

Some registered users are members of the blog that the post is in AND (if you want them to see it on multiple URLs) are members of any blog that aggregates the blog the post is in, but they can't see the posts unless they visit the back office.

You know that they are not logging out and expecting to see the protected posts.

Oh here's an easy one: you have set yourself up with another login identity that you have put into the same group as these members and given your new identity the same permissions as these members, and can duplicate their problem.

You can duplicate the problem using one of the stock official boring canned everyone-has-them skins (especially either evopress or custom).

Ah perhaps we should try drastic measures tomorrow when maybe I'm not so tired?

14 Jun 03, 2008 18:08

EdB wrote:

You're right: they should not have to use the back office to see the 'protected' content. So let's double-check everything before trying something drastic.

The posts are actually "protected" and not private or deprecated. YES

You, as admin, can see the posts out there in the publicly available blog. YES

Some registered users are members of the blog that the post is in AND (if you want them to see it on multiple URLs) are members of any blog that aggregates the blog the post is in, but they can't see the posts unless they visit the back office. YES - I think. I don't have any other place I want them to view just one URL.

You know that they are not logging out and expecting to see the protected posts. YES

Oh here's an easy one: you have set yourself up with another login identity that you have put into the same group as these members and given your new identity the same permissions as these members, and can duplicate their problem. YES this is how I figured out the back office access, then had a user confirm with me. When I logged in to back office I got an error saying admin had to authorize me. So I made the account a Blogger and then tried again. Repeated with user last night.

You can duplicate the problem using one of the stock official boring canned everyone-has-them skins (especially either evopress or custom). Haven't done this- but will try soon and report back

Ah perhaps we should try drastic measures tomorrow when maybe I'm not so tired?

15 Jun 03, 2008 18:20

Okay even using BASIC I can't see the posts unless I go to the back office.

16 Jun 03, 2008 18:28

You *really* have a permissions problem, check group && user permissions for those blogs

¥

*edit*

I'd bet on this ;)
Topanga wrote:

and are your testers looking at the articles on journal.php, or are they looking at index.php ?

For them to see protected posts on the 'all' blog, they need to be member of that all blog

18 Jun 08, 2008 19:43

What you show is that in 'My journal' they are member.. I don't see the persmission for the blog 'all'

19 Jun 08, 2008 19:46

My journal is the only blog. So do I need to set it for all to make it work?

on the upside looking at those permissions helped me figure out why my media upload wasn't working LOL

21 Jun 08, 2008 19:57

this is how it should be... are you still in trouble ?
(and i need to reread what I type. It's crap ;) )

22 Jun 08, 2008 20:01

yup I haven't changed anything except giving myself permission to upload read write on the media stuff. This is how the other settings have been for ...well for at least the last 3 or 4 posts I've made to this thread.

23 Jun 09, 2008 16:35

If you're game for it, PM me with your admin password and the password for 'testaccount', and I'll see about getting things worked out for ya.

24 Jun 09, 2008 16:49

EdB wrote:

If you're game for it, PM me with your admin password and the password for 'testaccount', and I'll see about getting things worked out for ya.

that's indeed what I offered her ;)
gmta

25 Jun 09, 2008 17:02

OT: Topanga remember the grassy field between my house and the pool? It filled with water the other day after ONE DAY of rain. Made a rather nice lake with trees in the middle of it... Monsoon season starts in one month. I wonder what will happen when we have 3 or 4 days of constant rain ;)

26 Jun 09, 2008 19:28

You get to lie beside it and regret the lack of tequilas?

gmta +1 ;)

¥

27 Sep 18, 2009 16:31

So after my upgrade to v3 it seems that my 'protected' posts are now viewable by everyone. :( I think something went very wrong with the upgrade on this particular blog.

Form is loading...