Recent Topics

1 Apr 18, 2008 15:23    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

ok, I'm at a loss. Whenever you send an email through my 2.4.0 rc2 install I get the success message "Your message has been sent." Yet, no mail ever arrives.

I've tried to implement the fix listed here:

http://forums.b2evolution.net/viewtopic.php?t=14205

But I have 2 issues:

1. I don't seem to have the folder structure it specifies in the message (can't find htsrv/ or /inc/_misc folders.

2. because of that, I can't seem to get it to do anything other than give me a blank page when you click submit on the mail form.

Anyone have any ideas??? I don't know what to do anymore. I'm assuming that phpmail is allowed because my host offers phpbb on all domains.

Thanks in advance!

2 Apr 18, 2008 16:01

Hi dgusa.

1. Upgrade to 2.4.1 because you are using an "alpha" release and there is no reason to. 241 is officially stable so upgrade.

2. If you do not have a folder called htsrv then you do not have the full package installed properly. htsrv folder has been part of b2evolution ever since forever, so something went wrong in your installation process.

Given #2 upgrading is even easier because you need to get the zip package again and upload files again eh?

After upgrading to 241 see if you can get emails sent.

BTW just because the host offers phpbb doesn't mean that program or any other will be able to send emails. It *implies* the stuff they offer will work, but doesn't really promise it right?

3 Apr 18, 2008 19:59

Well, I've upgraded, and still have the exact same results with out of the box 2.4.1 (no emails going out, but success message) as well as with the swift-smtp "fix" (white screen after submit).

I guess I did have an htsrv, it was just named tbcom for some reason. :)

Any ideas? I need to find some way to get this sending emails.

4 Apr 22, 2008 21:02

Well I've now rolled all that swift-smtp stuff back out.

I talked to my host and they told me the following:

you should insert the following string before php mail() function in your form:
ini_set('sendmail_from', 'user@domain.com');

Unfortunately, I have no clue where i should put this. I tried _advanced and that doesn't do anything, so if anyone can give me some insight I would greatly appreciate it!

5 Apr 23, 2008 04:37

I'm guessing you'll want to add that to htsrv/message_send.php around line 286?

// Send mail
$success_mail = send_mail( $recipient_address, $subject, $message, "$sender_name <$sender_address>" );

Form is loading...