Recent Topics

1 Apr 27, 2008 20:05    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Sorry about dominating the board but I'm in the final stages of an upgrade from 1.8 to 2.4. Wasn't nearly as hard as I feared but I had so many customizations that these tiny issues are all I have left.

2 Apr 27, 2008 20:18

It is in your skin somewhere, but exactly where no one can say without having your skin. So I looked at the "custom" skin and found this in index.main.php:

// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
$Item->feedback_link( array(
				'type' => 'comments',
				'link_before' => '',
				'link_after' => '',
				'link_text_zero' => '#',
				'link_text_one' => '#',
				'link_text_more' => '#',
				'link_title' => '#',
				'use_popup' => false,
			) );

A similar bit in the "evopress" skin posts.main.php file:

// Link to comments, trackbacks, etc.:
$Item->feedback_link( array(
		'type' => 'feedbacks',
		'link_before' => ' | ',
		'link_after' => '',
		'link_text_zero' => '#',
		'link_text_one' => '#',
		'link_text_more' => '#',
		'link_title' => '#',
		'use_popup' => false,
	) );

So I'm pretty sure if you change 'type' => 'feedbacks', to 'type' => 'comments', you will also change the text.

3 Apr 27, 2008 20:53

I tried that before and again just now and get the following error on my blog:

An unexpected error has occured!

If this error persits, please report it to the administrator.

Go back to home page
Additional information about this error:
Unknown feedback type [Comments]

4 Apr 27, 2008 20:56

'link_text_zero' => '#',
            'link_text_one' => '#',
            'link_text_more' => '#',

Replace "#" with whatever you like, %d or summat gets converted to the number of feedbacks

¥

5 Apr 27, 2008 21:40

¥åßßå is completely correct: you can change the text for the three different things it might display (no feedback, 1 feedback, multiple feedbacks) using those three parameters. BUT getting an error didn't come from changing the type to 'comments' because 'comments' is one of 4 legal values for that parameter (feedbacks, comments, trackbacks, and pingbacks). Therefore the error came from something else being wrong.

By the way to get the multiple different bits you would want to change each of the three that ¥åßßå showed to something like this:

'link_text_zero' => 'Leave a comment',
'link_text_one' => '1 comment',
'link_text_more' => '%d comments',

That's what the feedback_link function would change them to if you have # for those parameters and 'comments' for the "type" parameter ... and nothing bonked up anywhere like whitespace that scares php or a random character or a missing ; or a missing , or who knows what else ;)

EDIT: gotta love the "=> = =>" smilie :(

6 Apr 27, 2008 23:55

Got it. Thanks gentlemen. I realized I got that error because I capitalized the "C". D'oh!

7 Apr 09, 2010 23:38

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but I think it fits what I'd like to change.

I'm using v. 3.3.3 and the skin I have loaded is [url=http://skins.b2evolution.net/two.php?s=firebug&sentence=AND&submit=Search]firebug[/url] which shows "Send Feedback", but in the sidebar it shows "Recent Comments".

I'd like to change either / or to; "Post Comment" or "Recent Feedback". I've looked through all I could think to be relevant, but don't seem to be able to find the correct entry to edit.

Being a novice, a walk through would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

8 Apr 10, 2010 00:09

Sidebar== widget == change the title on your widgets page ( admin > blog settings > [blog] > widgets, click the edit icon on the widget )

¥

9 Apr 10, 2010 00:18

Thankyou ¥åßßå :D

Now why didn't I think of that, I'm usually good at spotting the obvious :oops: :smiley - banging his head against a wall:

10 Apr 10, 2010 00:21

It's always "the bloody obvious" that trips us ;)

¥

11 Apr 10, 2010 00:32

LOL :lol: Many a true word....

Thanks again, fix is already in place B)

Form is loading...