Recent Topics

1 May 02, 2008 01:23    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

How critical is this new upgrade? As some of you know, going from 240 to 241 wasn't painless as it should have been.

If I do this upgrade, what can I do to make it simple - do's and don'ts would be helpful suggestions. I'd like this to be painless if it is a critical upgrade. Is it necessary to delete ALL the files this go around?

In regard to the media files and basic conf file -- can I put those on my computer overwriting the new version and then upload the entire program?

Thanks.

3 May 02, 2008 01:41

Yah I think you'll be okay. Looking at the files, it's really not that much. Basically your conf folder gets one file updated, your inc folder gets a handful thrown in, then skins got lots of stuff so if you are using a customized skin then I think you don't have to worry about it, and the admin skins have some css files upgraded.

As is always the case, back up your current files just in case there is something that makes things not cool for you.

There is no database changes from 241 to 242, meaning you do not have to run the "installer as upgrader". This also means downgrading is simply a matter of putting back the files the way they were before you upgraded. So that's pretty much three folders (conf, inc, skins_adm) plus your skin.

Form is loading...