Recent Topics

1 May 06, 2008 07:41    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

How do I stop [Visitor] appearing beside the name of the author of a comment?

2 May 08, 2008 01:51

Hi Lois. Welcome to the forums!

What version are you running? It says 1.10.x in the post but there is a known bug that makes it say that sometimes when you select the 2.x option is why I ask. Plus the answer will change depending on your version.

Got link? That is the absolute easiest way to get the best answer, but in general one of the files in either your skins/ folder or your skins/skinname/ folder will be for displaying comments, and that file will contain the bits that make it say "visitor" next to each visitor who comments. Thus there is will you will be able to change it to ... something else!

3 May 08, 2008 02:06

Hey Jack - thanks for that.

The link is http://www.ogca.com.au/blog/

I would appreciate it if you could have a look as I have been looking everywhere including the skins folders and I've got such a headache. :-/ Thanks in advance.

4 May 08, 2008 02:42

hi..welcome to the forums..

i have tested this and it works in 2.4.x but as this will be a core hack it is not recommended..

open your ../inc/comments/model/_comment.class.php

you will see this around line 378:

if( $after == '#' ) $after = ' ['.T_('Visitor').']';

remove:

['.T_('Visitor').']

from this line..

or in order to not let any whitespace etc.

change these lines between 373-382:

{ // Display info recorded at edit time:
			if( strlen( $this->author_url ) <= 10 )
			{
				$makelink = false;
			}
			if( $after == '#' ) $after = ' ['.T_('Visitor').']';

$author_name = $this->dget( 'author', $format );

}

to:

{ // Display info recorded at edit time:
			if( strlen( $this->author_url ) <= 10 )
			{
				$makelink = false;
			}
			if( $after == '#' ) $after = ' ';

$author_name = $this->dget( 'author', $format );

}

Cheers

5 May 08, 2008 03:03

DELETED

Yeah so that looks like an older version (1.something) and it looks like you managed to successfully remove all credit to b2evolution including the linkback.

Sorry but if you think it is okay to remove credit for free software then ask for free help tweaking the rest I'm afraid you're on your own.

6 May 08, 2008 03:19

Thanks tilqicom - it works yippee! BUT what does "as this will be a core hack it is not recommended.. " mean?

7 May 08, 2008 03:24

Hey Jack - I downloaded this from my host and I swear I haven't removed any credits to b2evolution (at least not on purpose) :oops: - I think it's great. I will try to be more careful in future. I appreciate your help anyway. Thanks!

8 May 08, 2008 03:38

Lois wrote:

Thanks tilqicom - it works yippee! BUT what does "as this will be a core hack it is not recommended.. " mean?

not at all.. that means, as its a modification in a core file, it will probably be lost as you upgrade, then you will have to remember and make the change again.. this is not a big thing for this issue, but avoid making many core hacks, or try to note them down as permanent as possible ;).. cheers..

9 May 08, 2008 04:27

Maybe too late... but here is another way to hide [Visitor]

In /skins/_feedback.php find the following

case 'comment': // Display a comment:
	echo T_('Comment from:').' ';
	$Comment->author();
	$Comment->msgform_link( $Blog->get('msgformurl') );
	$Comment->author_url( '', ' &middot; ', '' );
	break;

and change author() to author( '', '' ) ;)

Form is loading...