Recent Topics

1 May 11, 2008 01:44    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

So, I set up to [url=http://ruchirparikh.com]blog[/url] and everything and upgraded to the latest version of the blog. Through out the whole learning experience my blog loads really slow almost 30 seconds before it even starts loading. Other things on the site load fine ... I ran a test forum in a different folder and it was pretty quick ... so I was wondering if there is something I am doing wrong.

b2evolution version 2.4.2 released on 04/27/08
MySQL version 4.1.20
MySQL UTF-8 support Yes
PHP version 4.4.8

2 May 11, 2008 01:58

Well, I would suggest you think about that Music Player....
It auto plays compared to playing on selection.

Has to slow site loading a hell of a lot

3 May 11, 2008 02:10

Okay, I changed that to play one selection. It was slow before I added the play though... so I don't that was the issue. Cleared all my cache and the site still loads slow... anything else I can try?
Thanks for all you help...

4 May 11, 2008 02:10

Much faster now with auto play off :)

5 May 11, 2008 21:14

Hey John or anyone else,
So my friends are still telling me that my blog loads really slow... even when I go to it is still taking about 20sec before it start loading.... anyother ideas???

Thanks in advance,
ItsGambit

6 May 11, 2008 23:17

Well, you do have some odd code and some odd tags going on... and yes it is slow again!
In your sidebar you have this .... !!

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.1">
<!-- Original:  Martin Webb (martin@irt.org) -->

<!-- This script and many more are available free online at -->
<!-- The JavaScript Source!! http://javascript.internet.com -->

<!-- Begin
function right(e) {
if (navigator.appName == 'Netscape' &&
(e.which == 3 || e.which == 2))
return false;
else if (navigator.appName == 'Microsoft Internet Explorer' &&
(event.button == 2 || event.button == 3)) {
alert("I'm sorry, The Right click option on your mouse has been disabled for the download window pages.");
return false;
}
return true;
}

document.onmousedown=right;
document.onmouseup=right;
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
if (document.layers) window.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEUP);
window.onmousedown=right;
window.onmouseup=right;
//  End -->
</script> 

<p class="center">
<a href="http://www.myspace.com/truedesi4eva">MySpace Profile</a>.
<body>
</body>
</html>

Note the <body></body> and </html> tags!!!! They need to be deleted.
Also for inline javascript it should have opening tags something like..

<script type="text/javascript">your javascript</script>

7 May 12, 2008 00:08

To John
Do you really think that these tags are the reason?

To ItsGambit
Check you MySQL process list in phpMyAdmin, are there many LOCKED processes. Prune evo_sessions and evo_hitlog tables, optimize tables.
How many hits do you have a day?

8 May 12, 2008 00:11

Do you really think that these tags are the reason?

Well ending body and html tags at the top of the side bar won't help :)
But yes.... it's likely a database issue as well

9 May 12, 2008 00:25

Maybe somebody will kick me :roll: ... but try to install the test 1.10.x version and check the speed.
I'm pretty sure it will work much faster than 2.4.x on a slow MySQL server.

10 May 12, 2008 00:47

So.. as you can tell by now I am a Noob @ this.... I got rid of all the bad code in the sidebar I think :( .... and I optimized the database... I don't know how to check if anything is locked. I don't see LOCKED anywhere...

Again thanks for all the help guyz / galz...

11 May 12, 2008 01:09

The last thing to load on a refresh of your page was the YouTube video.

When you display embedded files you always take the risk of the videos loading slow due to matters beyond your control ( IE YouTube being slow ).

All this adds to the load on your server.

Does anyone else hosted on the same server have any troubles?
Maybe contact your host and see what they have to say.

12 May 12, 2008 01:24

I'm suspecting your server of being at fault here because it takes time BEFORE any of the page is delivered. I have no idea why it might be the server though because I know slightly less than nothing about how servers work.

How many days worth of hit data do you keep? You can set it on your Global Settings tab but I forget which subtab. The thing is a lot of days worth of hits can slow down an active blog. So you can go to your stats tab then the first subtab on the left and delete older days until you only have a couple of days worth of hits there. BTW that will also prune your sessions table as it prunes your hitlog table, so it cleans up twice as much as it sounds like it cleans up.

Also your antispam table. If you've got like a million keywords it will slow things down - but I don't think it will slow things down that much.

Actually since antispam is done first it might be part of your issue. Hit logging is done, normally, at the end of page loading.

So you can either click all the green checkmarks next to each keyword to prune your antispam table, OR, you can go to the table directly in phpmyadmin and select that table then EMPTY it. Only that table of course, and don't DELETE it - choose EMPTY from the top row of buttons.

Form is loading...