Recent Topics

1 Jun 05, 2008 04:31    

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

I upgraded tonight from 1.10.3 to 2.4.2 "Palms" release. The upgrade was smooth and nothing seem to be lost. However I am getting a message "The requested Blog doesn't exist any more!" on the sidebar menu. I tried searching for it and could not find a solution. I tried googling this term and quite a few blogs runing b2evo have this message on their blog.

Should I enable debug mode and send a copy of the log trace here?

My blog is at http://redhotbrides.com/blog

2 Jun 05, 2008 04:48

Look at your Blog settings -> widgets subtab and find the widget located after the "Categories" widget. It will be in the container (section) for the Sidebar, and I suspect it will be a "Linkblog" widget. What seems to be happening is that the default values for that (or at least for 'a') widget is looking for a blog number that doesn't exist on your installation. So either remove the widget or edit it's settings to point to whatever blog you want it to point to.

3 Jun 05, 2008 07:20

You are the best. That was exactly it. I changed the blog id to something i know that exist. Now I have to figure out what this linkblog widget does. It looks to have display all my article titles in the side menu bar but none of those titles are clickable.

4 Jun 05, 2008 08:05

A linkblog is a list of links. Create a totally new blog for your linkblog, if you want one, and in it post titles and URLs that you feel like having linked in your sidebar. I think it used to be called a blogroll in this and other applications. Or "list of links" from when blogs were just webs that people updated frequently without the convenience of an actual application doing the code for them.

5 Jun 29, 2008 09:47

Thanks!

(Old) Newbie here, just getting set up for first blog attempt, and not quite sure what I did to cause the "no longer exists" message, but you got it just right.

BTW - this isn't the first thing you've helped me with as I struggle along. I'm sure glad some patience has come with my advancing years.

"That was easy!" — with a little help, of course.

Form is loading...