Recent Topics

1 Jun 09, 2008 19:45    

My b2evolution Version: 2.x

Hi !
I'm setting up a family blog. I set up a group with "bloggers" privileges.
Then, each blog has its own permissions.

Blog A is accessible to everyone in bloggers group.
Photoblog is accessible to everyone in bloggers group
Blog Lisa is accessible only to Lisa in bloggers group
Blog Anna is accessible only to Anna etc...

Now I would like everyone to be able to choose and change skins for their own blog but not tamper with the css ! (but I dont want anyone to change anyone else's skin nor Blog A and Photoblog's skin!)

How do I do this (I'm a bit lost with a couple of css/skins options in a couple of different places in the settings).

Thank you much in advance !

2 Jun 10, 2008 01:10

hi dominique,

As far as I remember you can only change the css for a particular blog and not change the css for the skins. So it looks like you have no problem here.

Good luck

3 Jun 10, 2008 14:58

Hi Afwas !
Thank you for the prompt reply.
I played around the permissions tabs and got lucky with allowing users to choose skin.
Now though, and it's a greater pb, users have access to group permissions, which is not right.
How can I disable this part? Where is the right tab ? (user X can post, edit posts, upload, choose skin in their own blog, but cannot access group permissions...)
There are so many possibilities, I'm lost.

4 Jun 10, 2008 15:03

In Users click on the group there're in (Administrators or Bloggers or Priviledged Bloggers). There you find System admin permissions with a setting for Users & Groups.

Good luck

5 Jun 10, 2008 15:28

Hello !
In the group permissions tab, I have the options:
group and users :
settings :
Even if I choose "no access", a blogger can change group settings inside his/her blog... Is that normal or did I miss something ?
Might think they could do what they want with their own blog, but they have similar access to collective blogs, which mean they can tamper with other users' rights and permissions... (and I'll spend weekends unmessing it... can count on my Dad and niece for that)
Any more help ?

6 Jun 10, 2008 15:38

My b2evolution Version: 1.10.x

Talked too soon.
Just managed the above mentionned points.
One left:
In the article page, the list of all bloggers appears on the right : "assigned to" and "authors" on all three blogs allowed to a blogger (the two collective ones and his/her personal one).
How can I disable the appearance of the "authors" column only on the personal blog ?

7 Jun 10, 2008 15:41

Sorry, this is not a new topic.
I blew something there too.
But the question is still valid !
(Don't know how to delete this post and reintegrate it withing previous discussion).
Sorry again.

8 Jun 10, 2008 17:14

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Sorry, it's me again.
I've figured most of what I asked in previous thread but one big thing is still not understood.
How can I allow users (in their own blog) to have access to skins, categories, but not to other blog settings like URL, SEO, advanced options ?
So far it seems users have access to all settings if I select the settings tabs in group permissions.
I'd want to block SEO, urls and such since I don't want this blog to get out of family sphere.
Any way to do this ?

Form is loading...