Recent Topics

1 Jun 09, 2008 21:13    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4

I looked at the Docs and the FAQ and saw some similar things, but nothing related directly to this...unless I am not thinking clearly. :)

What I want to do is use b2 as my main site, with a bunch of different tabs to replace the current pages I now have (like House, Scrapbook, Pets, etc.). One of those tabs would (of course) be Blogs - then once you click on that tab, you would have access to my 5 different blogs that I currently have (and not the rest of the main site).

I assume this can be done, but I am having trouble wrapping my head around it. Right now everything is in the /blogs folder and the link to my blogs are all in www.mydomain.com/blogs.

What am I missing? What would I need to do? Do I just follow the instructions for moving an installation? Or do I just upload all the software again and have two installations?

2 Jun 10, 2008 01:07

hi hudson2001,

This is more difficult to explain than to actually do yourself.

Think along these lines.
Create a static page of yur blog. Cut out the center part with the posts and the sidebar. You now have a skeleton to fill with your home page and a menu to link to your blogs. You can put this page in the root.

In my blog, http://www.blog.hemminga.net/index.php/B2evo/2007/11/29/new-item-in-blogroll to be precise, I show you how to add items to the blogroll (menu). In your blog installation you can add an item pointing to the home page (the page you made for the root).

I hope this helps. Do come up with your questions.

Have fun

3 Jun 10, 2008 02:56

I think I will have to read that more than a few times to get the gist. :)

I think I had what you meant, but am not sure it's exactly what I originally meant.

Basically, say I have 5 current tabs (links) on my website right now, one of which is blogs which leads to my 5 blogs.

On all of the main website pages, I'd want to link to the five current tabs. ONLY ON THE BLOGS themselves would I want to link to the other blogs.

Tab 1
Tab 2
Tab Blogs
- Blog 1
- Blog 2
- Blog 3
- Blog 4
- Blog 5
Tab 4
Tab 5

Kinda.

Hoo boy.

I think I have to think it through more...because the more I think about it, the more confused I get!

4 Jun 10, 2008 02:58

Okay, I guess what I need to know is... can I leave all the uploaded blog stuff in domain.com/blogs, or do I have to move it to domain.com, or do I have to upload it to both places?

5 Jun 10, 2008 03:26

Keep the blog where it is
Make a static page (Blog settings ->. Advanced)
Move the static page to your root
Edit the page. It's plain html now. Change the menu any way you like, cut out the posts and most of the sidebar and change it to your likings
Be happy

Form is loading...