Recent Topics

1 Jul 06, 2008 17:12    

I am new to b2evolution justin stalled it and been playing around a little.
Installed b2evolution-2.4.2-stable-2008-04-27 on Ubuntu Heron Server. All seemed well until I created a user that was NOT an administrator. The user cannot post anything with HTML tags if they have attributes in them. The same use when flagged as an admin can.

I looked through the forum and found a few posts that looked promising they generally talked about conf/_formatting.php one said to change the value of $use_html_checker to 0 but that variable was not already set in the file, but hay I tried anyway :D another post talked about changes to line 240 i only have 233 lines in my copy. DOH!

Any ideas on that one ?

2 Jul 06, 2008 18:29

Ok, found out why only amin types can post text with html in I turned of the strick XHML error checking in the general settings. Long story forgot I had done it. :-(

A tags with href attributes are legal html so how do I get that fixed? Seem pointless having an option to do strick XHTML if it always returns invalid. Why not stop the editor be accepting it in the first place :-)

3 Jul 06, 2008 18:37

What's the exact text that you're having difficulty posting?

¥

4 Jul 06, 2008 18:49

Not sure if this text box allows html or not so I'll use both ways :-)

<a HREF="http://www.userfriendly.org/">User friendly Commic strip</a>

&lt;a HREF="http://www.userfriendly.org/"&gt;User friendly Commic strip&lt;/a&gt;

Seems perfectly valid to me. I cannot believe b2evolution is the problem every thing else it does is very good. Points at self wtf am I doing wrong?

5 Jul 06, 2008 18:59

Please accept my deepest apologies for posting this!
Two stupid mistakes DOH!

XHTML should be lower case, I had < a HREF=" and it should be <a href ="

I was using copy/paste from a static HTML page. and didn't check it properly or read the error message. I'll go bang my head on a wall and have a beer.

I the support guys say, "The problem was between the chair and the keyboard! "

Form is loading...