Recent Topics

1 Jul 08, 2008 16:28    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

All,
I recently upgraded my installation from 1.x to 2.4.2. It's rendering the posts fine when they're all rolled up and shown together, and they render fine in the back-end administration, so I know they're there. However, when I click on a link to view an individual post, it renders an empty page. (Well, to be specific, it renders this in the HTML: <!--- ---->) Does anyone know which file or files I should edit to get my individual posts showing up? You can take a look at www.beckybertram.com to see it in action.
Thanks,
Becky

3 Jul 08, 2008 17:38

That did indeed get it working. (And thanks for letting me know it was my 404 page that needed help!) *sigh*...

At any rate, although this solution works, it's not really acceptable... anyone who has linked to my site will now have broken URLs, because the posts now are rendered using a different URL. If the option of rendering posts using year/month/day format is built into the admin tool, why is it not working? If anyone has any insight, I would greately appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Becky

4 Jul 08, 2008 17:53

To use really cool urls you either need your server to use /cute-path/ or you need to redirect all 404's via index.php in htaccess and hope that the core can work it out ;)

Silly question, do you have an example of an old url that used to work ?

¥

5 Jul 09, 2008 15:52

What do you mean by cute-path? If you'd like to see my old url's that aren't working, I've switched the site back to use them. Click on any posting, and you'll see the 404 error. Thanks again for your help!

6 Jul 09, 2008 17:47

There's a server setting for "use extra path info" ( that's the cute /month/year/title stuff you see ) ... don't ask me how the hell to do that though cos my server came with them ready working

An alternative is to use .htaccess to rewrite all 404's to index.php and evo will 404 if it doesn't find a post.

What I was asking for was a url that used to work before you upgraded that doesn't work now .... hmmmmm ... I wonder

In whatever file is the evo 404 file ... urm inc/skins/404.summat.php ... try removing any header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found'); references that you see and then hitting one of your cute-url's again

¥

Form is loading...