Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2008 07:57    

My b2evolution Version: Not Entered

Hey!

I can't upload any files - I've tried everything but it still doesn't work - can you help me? Everything else works just fine. Thanks

This is the error-message:
"An unknown error occurred when moving the uploaded file on the server. "

This is the "debug-"script:

//home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/:
777 / myuser1/myuser1
/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/blogs/:
777 / myuser1/myuser1
/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/blogs/a/:
775 / nobody/nobody
/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/blogs/b/:
775 / nobody/nobody
/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/blogs/links/:
775 / nobody/nobody

/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/users/:
777 / myuser1/myuser1
/home/myuser1/htdocs/blog/media/users/admin/:
775 / nobody/nobody

I've red the manual and searched for a solution in the boards - with no solution - can you help me?

3 Jul 11, 2008 10:40

Maybe, maybe not.

So the thing I always did was CHMOD my /media/ and /media/blogs/ and /media/users/ folders to 777 in order to get the uploader to work. So that might help because it seems your /media/blogs/ folder is 775? BUT I had a malicious activity happen that I pointed out to my host and they fixed by doing "SuPHP" whatever that means. Now all my folders are whatever they all happen to be on installation and my file manager works like it is supposed to.

4 Jul 15, 2008 16:52

thanks for your help, but it didn't work - still can't upload any images - I'll try to talk to my host - what should/could I ask them to o?

5 Jul 15, 2008 17:11

Somewhere in this forum is a thread started by me about my installation getting malicious files stuck on them. In there is the thing about SuPHP, so if you can find that thread you can find some info about what you might want to talk to your host about.

Also you can just tell them "I am using b2evolution but can't figure out how to upload files through it's file manager - can you help me?" and see what they say. Can't hurt eh?

Like, maybe they are blocking a php function that is needed to upload files. The error message is about moving them, but I think that is only a technical detail inside the uploading process. Anyway it might be that your host decided "we kill that to reduce/remove certain risks".

Form is loading...