Recent Topics

1 Jul 10, 2008 08:44    

My b2evolution Version: 2.4.2

Hello house. I'm using the Asevo_3c skin that I found in the forums. I did some further modifications, mostly cosmetic, and also added a pageheader div tag so I could display a header image. It looks okay when viewed in IE7, but in Firefox the containers and wrapper get resized and are all messed up.

It appears to me that Firefox is calling the old sizes from somewhere, but I haven't been able to track down the problem. I'm just learning php coding and it's possible that's the problem. :roll: I've looked through the index.main.php and style.css files and can't figure out why or how Firefox is getting the old specs.

My blog is http://prairiefirejournal.com. Maybe somebody can look it over and point me in the right direction. Thanks.

2 Jul 10, 2008 09:22

I just had a look at your style.css for inner_wrapper div...
try putting width: 122.1ex;
Gets your right side sidebar in position.
Note: I'm using FF3

3 Jul 11, 2008 03:24

Thanks for your help John. I initially thought of doing that, but then I got to looking at the actual size of the containers in Firefox and it's actually shrinking the wrapper. When you look at the source code, it shows the inner wrapper size to be 121.6ex, but Firefox is not displaying that size.

You'll notice that in Firefox the total width of the 3 containers is smaller than the header image. The header image is approx. 121.6ex, that's how I ended up with that size for my wrapper. Also, I had removed the space between the header and containers, but it reappears in Firefox. That's how it originally looked before I changed it.

I'll keep looking, but I'm certain that Firefox is getting the old sizes from somewhere. I just don't know where. It's wierd.

Thanks again for the help.

4 Jul 13, 2008 12:59

Frontierblazer - for your info, I opened your site in FF3 and I don't see any problems. It looks pretty good to me. Have you changed something to correct it, or am I missing something?

6 Jul 13, 2008 22:20

arjay, I went back to the 2-col skin I had been using. It works great in IE7 and Firefox. The modified asevo_3c was taking up too much of my time trying to troubleshoot the problem. In the meantime, I'll spend more time with my css and php video tutorials. I think my coding is the root of the problem. Thanks to all for your help.

Form is loading...